• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Ronnie

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
slightly more adventurous ??? we haven't scored for 4 games, if we don't score we don't win and we simply have too start winning and quick.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We scored three against Brentford and Crawley and still did not win. When you are conceding as many goals as we were you have to address that problem first and then think about the creative areas.

Player
Manager
John King
So what is the point you are making ?

If we concede 3/4 goals every game we will not win. The defence had to be made more solid in the short term to at least give us a chance of taking points from games.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
if we don't score a goal we don't win, we haven't scored in 4 games and lost them all, weve scored 3 goals away from home in the league so far.

If we don't try and open up a bit and play with genuine wide men then we will continue the awful run we are on that's my point.

Player
Manager
John King
If we don't try and open up a bit and play with genuine wide men then we will continue the awful run we are on that's my point.

That is exactly how we played against Brentford and we looked like conceding every time they attacked. In the short term we had to dispense with the 4-4-2 to give greater protection to the back four.

As I have said above, now that we have got new defensive recruits and appear more solid at the back, hopefully we will be more creative and adventurous.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I wouldn't bank on it unless he has a change of mind, the widemen don't seem to be getting much of a look in

Player
Manager
John King
Thompson and Bell Baggie have been poor recently, but on balance I would still prefer to see them out wide rather than Ryan Lowe. Regardless of the system we play, if we have got more confidence in the back four with Hateley sitting in front, we might be able to commit more bodies forward, rather than just parking the bus.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
I agree in so much that Ryan Lowe should not be out wide. He was the "marquee" signing of the summer and we play him out of position?? What is shameful is that in some ways the manager's hand is forced because the genuine wide men don't put as big a shift in when we don't have the ball - hence, as mentioned earlier we always look vulnerable when the genuine wide guys play and the other team venture forward. It was even worse when at least one of our full backs was more of an attacking type and not that solid.
There is no room for fancy dan wingers or ball players now - even the worlds best put a shift in. These guys probably realise what it takes to take their game up to the next level, but seem satisfied with the odd flash of looking good on the ball when it suits. I always thought Thomo had potential and was always liable to weigh in with, a goal and to be fair he did look fit and full of confidence pre-season - disappointing. To fit them back in the system they need to step up to the plate and agreed, a more solid defence/midfield might help facilitate.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
it can only be down to the cost of sacking him that is keeping him in the job. we are now back to conceding goals but still failing to score much so nothing really has changed.

Please Ronnie for the sake of the club just go now.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Ronnie's record as a manager is a lot better than most. His teams always finish in the top half of the table. If he can't pull things round, it would be difficult for a new manager without extra funds to improve things. The last three signings have improved the squad and don't forget we have eight players out injured. As I wrote earlier, there's no need to panic. Things will get better, but if they don't by Christmas there will be plenty of time for a new man to sort things out.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Agreed bbtc...we arent adrift, so no panic yet, tho i dont think he will turn it around. Jan window is the 2st chance to sort this mess out for a new guy, so wait till the xmas fixtures are over with and assess where we are.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The only difference a new manager would make would be that initial purple patch when they take over. Really don't see how it would help long term. We really shouldn't be pointing towards the manager, it's the circumstances that are the problem. Any manager in charge would face the same hurdles. Will be interesting to see where we are come Xmas.

Player
Manager
John King
Agree with Ian's comment above, although it is depressing following the enigma that is Rovers at present.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A new manager will freshen things up bring new ideas, we are sinking fast and if we leave it till Christmas we will be cut adrift just look at the run of games we have coming up.

drwhoman

They badly need the midfield playmakers back. Robinson/Wallace/Koumas will make a huge difference when fit. Without them the team, with a few exceptions, are a team of honest triers. It will lift their confidence if they have a few skilful players around them. If they come back and we still keep losing the then that might be the time for Ronnie's P45. At the moment he has one hand behind his back.

Player
Manager
John King
They badly need the midfield playmakers back. Robinson/Wallace/Koumas will make a huge difference when fit. Without them the team, with a few exceptions, are a team of honest triers.

I agree with this. You can add to that list Thompson and Akpro and the out of form Baggie. Power / Rowe / Atkinson are all decent individuals but much of a muchness, and without the creative spark of a Robbo or Wallace and with no natural width in the side, we are always going to struggle to create.

Despite Saturday's scoreline, the back four have been fairly settled and solid in recent weeks - I think the thrashing at the weekend was principally the result of us getting overrun in midfield with ten men - but the lack of creativity remains a major problem.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Koumas is a waste of a wage he will clearly struggle for fitness Robbo's career is virtually over, Wallace we can onl hope he returns the same player. Thompson in his time here has shown little too suggest he will do much, Baggie is for me an impact player off the bench in the last 30 minutes or so. Power/Rowe/Atkinson are too similar and don't contribute anything like enough.

Player
Manager
John King
Probably agree about Koumas, but not the rest. If our squad is as dire as you suggest, it makes no difference who manages us.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
we still have some decent players I like hateley in centre mid ash is decent centre half Fon a good keeper Holmes can still recapture his best form Power Stockton & too a lesser degree Kirby have all potential.

A new manager would look to move some out (Maybe on loan as Ronnie is currently trying too do) and get a couple of new faces in.