• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Parry Out

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I was really surprised at the level of abuse Les was getting from some fans last night. "It's all your fault Les!" WTF?!?

Feel sorry for the fella. Poor sod should of stuck to mending legs, he doesn't deserve that.

ImTopMan

I know best
Player
ME, im a bit hit with the ladies
I was really surprised at the level of abuse Les was getting from some fans last night. "It's all your fault Les!" WTF?!?

Feel sorry for the fella. Poor sod should of stuck to mending legs, he doesn't deserve that.

He should have stuck to mending legs as he's way out of his depth doing the managers job,he should have stepped down ages ago and forced Johnson's hand.

Ive been criticising him since day one for just taking the job.

But the biggest villian in this atrocity is PETER JOHNSON, he should never have got rid of Ronnie to bring in dumb and dumber.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Would you yourself take the job, if offered it?

DixieDean

He should have stuck to mending legs as he's way out of his depth doing the managers job,he should have stepped down ages ago and forced Johnson's hand.

Ive been criticising him since day one for just taking the job..

Nothing like a good 'supporter' hey. Criticising him for taking the job? WTF?

Are you suggesting that because Les was a physio that makes him automatically no good as a manager? Despite the fact he played the game as a professional?

Looking at our form since Les took over would suggest that we'd be a mid-table team had he been installed last summer instead of Barnes.

ImTopMan

I know best
Player
ME, im a bit hit with the ladies
Nothing like a good 'supporter' hey. Criticising him for taking the job? WTF?

Are you suggesting that because Les was a physio that makes him automatically no good as a manager? Despite the fact he played the game as a professional?

Looking at our form since Les took over would suggest that we'd be a mid-table team had he been installed last summer instead of Barnes.

I criticised him for taking the job because i knew (and he knew) he wasn't up to it and we needed someone with experiance and Parry had none.

I told anyone that would listen that unless we got in a proven manager relegation was a certainty and yet again im right.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Personally the last person I would be blaming here is Les. Landed in an impossible position, the guy loves the club and has done his best under near impossible circumstances.
I'm not saying he is good enough, whatever happens we need a manager for next season, but the blame lies pretty squarely at the chairman one of the stupidest decisions in recent history.

So you boo boys save your vitriol for Johnson and certain players who have a questionable attitude.

Player
Dave Challinor
I'm not going to join in DIW but his substitutions in the last couple of games have not helped him, we need 3 wins not draws win! So playing what is 4-5-1 at home against the second bottom team is awful. If we are going to go down then at least attack :-(

But you are spot on Johnson is the main target for my anger, Moore would have struggled with the wage budget (considering his vast knowledge and ability to get players like Kay to drop down a division) but to appoint Barnes is mindless, Parry has done what he could but should not have taken the job full-time once he stabilised us. Caretakers always get something out of the players but it's not enough in a dogfight.
Sorry Les. :-#

DixieDean

I criticised him for taking the job because i knew (and he knew) he wasn't up to it and we needed someone with experiance and Parry had none.

I told anyone that would listen that unless we got in a proven manager relegation was a certainty and yet again im right.

A proven manager like Brian Little, who turned a decent side into league 2 candidates?

There are NO guarantees in football.

I imagine Scunthorpe had similar supporters to you when they appointed their physio, Nigel Adkins, as manager. Turned out he's a pretty decent manager.

Seriously how did you KNOW he'd struggle? Fact is, you DIDN'T. If you had a crystal ball, you'd be a lottery millionaire by now. Tranmere's form under Les is not relegation form, but unfortunately John Barnes did the damage - and one tihng to remember is Barnes was awful with players HE'D brought to the club. Les has done well considering that on the whole they aren't even his players!! Why would any other manager (experienced or not) be able to get any more out of them? You can't polish a turd and no amount of experience would turn the bunch of losers we have into consistent winners.