• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Parry Out

ImTopMan

I know best
Player
ME, im a bit hit with the ladies
Ive said all along this Parry is useless.

Get him off managerial duties RIGHT BLOODY NOW.

Shocking today.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Here's a little challenge for you ImTopMan.

1.) Add up total league points won since Parry took over.
2.) Divide by total number of games played since Parry took over.
3.) Multiply by the total number of games in a season.
4.) Compare this total to last seasons league table, and project what our finishing position would have been.

This give should offer some quantitive indication as to how well (or poorly) Parry has done. You'll almost certainly find that we would have been safe from relegation.

Player
Goodison
The problem here is that Les did a great job at stablising the club after Barnes left but he shouldn't have been given the job for the rest of the season. To be blunt he was the cheap option who was doing ok. We should have brought in a manager rather then giving Les the job - it's not fair on him either.

However a change now would be pointless so we have just got to get behind him and hope. Whatever happens this season Les is still a club legend and that should not be forgotten. If we get relegated or stay up Les should return to his physio role to a standing ovation.

ImTopMan

I know best
Player
Here's a little challenge for you ImTopMan.

1.) Add up total league points won since Parry took over.
2.) Divide by total number of games played since Parry took over.
3.) Multiply by the total number of games in a season.
4.) Compare this total to last seasons league table, and project what our finishing position would have been.

This give should offer some quantitive indication as to how well (or poorly) Parry has done. You'll almost certainly find that we would have been safe from relegation.

Sure,but should he really have took the job till the end of the season?

No.

Were in the mire and he's out of his depth in it and ive been a critic since day one, its not to late to make a change and give Parry a one way ticket to the treatment room.

Change for changes sake?

Sorry, cant agree at all with advocating a change of manager at this stage of the season time and time again.
That smacks of desperation and all the evidence points to such action being useless.
Sticking with Les is the best option we have right now. He was not given the job for life after any good result nor should he be out for any bad one.
Imagine winning our game in hand and how different the table might look.
That would not be achieved simply by a change of manager.
I have no doubt Les has the best interests of the club at heart and our only chance lies with him and the current backroom team, they know the squad better than anyone - its too late for an outsider to repair the damage done by Barnes and Johnson.
If we go down its not the end of the world and I cant see us in freefal which well may have been the position with Barnes and Mcateer.
Sometimes teams go up and sometimes they go down - live with it - stick with your club.
I shall be selling rosary beads at the next home game.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Despite having just spent the afternoon watching an inept display at the Withdean, I agree 100% with Bootle Rover. I am still 100% behind Les. Things would be a lot worse without him. With the players he inherited and the lack of funds, no-one could have done any better- at least no manager we could have afforded!

ImTopMan

I know best
Player
I suppose THE BOOTLE ROVER and BRING BACK THE COWSHED are right and get behind this Parry til the end of the season, i just DON'T rate him and feel a new proper manager would plot our route to safety.

Whatever happens this Parry MUST NOT be in charge come August.

White_Magic

Player
Ian Moore
Les

Like previously stated it would be a more shocking decision the get rid of Les now than it was to put Dumb and Dumber in charge at the start of the season!

Les has done the job that was asked of him and has given us a fighting chance of staying in the division. When we beat Southampton i didn't hear no-one shouting Les out and just because we are back in the drop zone the uproar starts again.

Lets get behind the manager, the players and the team. Football like this is exciting and one of the reasons i love supporting Tranmere because we are so unpredictable. We had it at the other end of the table last season where it went down to the wire and i hope this season we can put in a big performance last game to stay in the division. SUPER WHITE ARMY!!!

Spot on White Magic

How boring is most of the premiership? 80% of whom only ambition is to stay there and be canon fodder next year and doff their caps to the so called big boys - thieving bullies is much nearer the truth.

Its natural that some teams progress and some struggle but the changes keep life interesting. Much better to take your fun where you find it and not simply yearn fruitlessly to be another Man U or Liverpool etc. Wont it be funny when it all goes tits up for them, and it surely will.

For most of us while we do really want to do well we'll be back next season, relegation or not, and support the team anyway.

Best of luck to Les and hope he manages the turnaround but if it doesnt work out its not the end of the world.
How many local away games could we have next season......

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Where are all the Les bashers today I wonder ? Just preparing their responses to his naive tactics and amateurish team selection last night I suppose !

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
My views on Parry, 4-3-3, team selection etc haven't changed.

Player
Manager
John King
Fair enough, as I have had reservations at times myself. I just think those who are critical of the tactics have to take account of performances like, Southampton and Norwich at home and Huddersfield away, and give a balanced view, which some people (not necessarily yourself) simply don't do.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
It's true. I just don't attribute much of our success to the system, being honest I feel we've often done well in spite of it.

ImTopMan

I know best
Player
Just back from the game.

Were are all you Parry apologists now?

The man is a joke for taking the job.

And he's taking us down this 'Tranmere legend'.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Would you take the job if it was offered to you? I would. Should I be offered the job? No. Therefore, if I were offered the job, and I took us down, whose fault would that really be?

Blame lies with PJ here, not Les. The bloke was asked to do a job and has done his best.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The blame lies with johnson foremost for getting rid of moore and bringing in barnes, yes pj youve took us in a new direction as you said you would but its league 2.

Barnes was a joke decision which most people correctly predicted would go wrong and was rightly sacked, les has done his best but his limitations are now being cruelly exposed. The system is the same every game and the use of subs are baffling to say the least. Why bring in labadie and not give the lad a go and stick with 3 holding midfielders.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
SonkOrly says exactly what I wanted to say. If I were offered the job I'd take it. I'm not qualified either, Les has done his best, and if you look at where we came from, he's done ok. You need to look at Johnson and the players who turn up against Norwich, but not tonight or 2nd half at Walsall etc etc. Players not showing enough battling qualities in crucial games is unforgivable but not Les' fault. Players often get away scot free, I hope the majority are not around in League Two, not even good enough for that level.

Player
Manager
John King
Players often get away scot free, I hope the majority are not around in League Two, not even good enough for that level.

I agree entirely. The attitude of six or seven of our players in the Hartlepool / Brighton / Wycombe games has been disgusting, an insult to the manager and supporters. A major cull is required in the summer in my view.

Player
Liam Palmer
There is going to be a major player cull whether we're in L1 or L2 next season - you can be assured of that. If we stay up Les will stay on as manager and he's said that the current squad is nowhere near good enough - so bye bye to a whole load of them.

if we go down the new manager will want to start afresh.

So either way it's safe to assume we'll be watching a very different team - personnel wise at least - next season.

And after that pile of p!sh last night, thank fÛck.