• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Parry Out

ImTopMan

I know best
Player
ME, im a bit hit with the ladies
I will put my cards on the table, I don't rate Les Parry.

The performance against our rivals Oldham was UNACCEPTABLE.

Its only early February so why bring in someone who REALLY knows tactical acuman and will get us the points we require while we still have time.

Being a so-called 'rovers legend' isn't nearly enough when your in dire straites.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
FFS. Do you not understand. We CAN'T get anyone else, because

a) Barnes and Mcateer have left us with no money
b) Nobody wants the job because everyone thinks we're a lost cause.

Having a team of Rovers legends running the show may just keep us up this season through pride and passion alone.

Les is on the right track, bringing Bakayogo and Curran into the side regularly shows that he knows a thing or two.

Please engage brain before talking nonsense :evil:

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I accept your point. Les is a physio. But two things you're forgetting is that the team have improved ten-fold since he's been in charge and although yesterday was a poor performance, it's probably one of only a couple since he's been in charge.

Two, who's gonna go out and pay for a manager with great tactical acumen? It's the same old arguments, but you just gotta face facts that it aint gonna happen. Get behind Les and the team and we can get out of this mess!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
ImTopMan isn't the only person expressing such a view. But HOW can people be so short sighted.

Before the Oldham game we'd only lost 2 in 10 games. That's an amazing record, especially given what was a truly dreadful team inherited. You don't become a bad manager after one bad result. His record continues to speak for itself.

Yes losing to the Oldscum was a particularly disappointing result, mostly because of the high expectations before the game... but it's one result. We've got a long old slog to stay up and the players and manager really need our support to do it.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We are all disappointed after yesterday but in our situation, Les is the best we've got. He's gone from physio to managing a team destined for div 2. Give the man some slack.

My only reservation with the situation is that if we do go down, we'll not only be playing football in division 2, but we'll have lost a great Tranmere man in Les. That's going to be a bitter pill to swallow.

But that's worst possible scenario. Short term, let's look at keeping this team in division one!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Les is on the right track, bringing Bakayogo and Curran into the side regularly shows that he knows a thing or two.

Credit to Barnes for that really, but yeah, agree.

I didn't want Les to get the job in the first place and I still think we need a proper manager ASAP - which I assume will be at the end of the season - but realistically cries of "Parry out" are not only unrealistic but, given his record, I'd be willing to admit that they're actually undeserved.

Player
Liam Palmer
I think most of us should take a big chill pill and calm the f*ck down!

Parry out? Get a grip. Hardly his fault that 8 of the starting 11 failed to turn up on the day.

Ok, we got outfought and out-thought by a poor Oldham team. We played badly. It cost me 20 quid to see us lose to a Pawel Abbott goal, but please let's just keep our focus.

One bad day doesn't undo all the hard work and progress of the last three months. We're not world-beaters, but we possess enough about us to stay up - just!

If we can draw at Huddersfield and Charlton, we can win at Gillingham and Southend.

Keep the faith and stay calm.

ImTopMan

I know best
Player
ME, im a bit hit with the ladies
I should clear up that when i say 'Parry Out' its only as our manager, he should stay and carry on as physio.

He's done ok to get us to the position we are now after the atrocity that was Barnes but i feel now is the time he needs to be shoved aside for someone with far more experiance while theres still plenty of points to play for.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I agree with most in that I don't know who else could do any better out there than Parry - although if you looked at our subs bench on Sat, we have a pretty strong squad in my opinion that is clearly underachieving.

Yes before Sat we were in decent forum under Les, so one poor result should not overshadow that - but, I have serious questions over his team selection for the Oldham game. Without being too negative, part of me thinks now all the euphoria after Barnes went with a legend that is Parry coming in may have died down now, and the real business of consistently picking a winning team, signing players etc - may be too much for him.

But lets not panic yet, next few games are ones that are winnable and that Les rightly says are more important that say the Charlton ones.

Gillingham, Southend, Leyton Orient - lets judge Parry after that.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that changes from the team on Sat need to be made.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm not sure what everyone was expecting from Les. Trying to manage a team in chaos.

This is the best we've got, I'm praying it's enough to keep us up.

People are still under the illusion we can get a manager with experience. There's a reason why our physio is in charge...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm not sure what everyone was expecting from Les. Trying to manage a team in chaos.

This is the best we've got, I'm praying it's enough to keep us up.

People are still under the illusion we can get a manager with experience. There's a reason why our physio is in charge...

Player
Jimmy Harvey
I was far ftrom happy when Les was given the job to be honest, I felt a seasoned campaigner who knew the lower leagues well would have been exactly what we needed. But I dont think anyone else wanted the job, at least didnt want the job under whatever constraints PJ had told them there would be. So Les stepped up and accepted the job, he knew all too well the mess the club was in and also knew how truely difficult it was going to be to survive. Under his stewardship we have improved and have become a more durable side, and when we have had positive results Les has rightly been given praise and a good slap on the back. That said if he gets praise when we do well he must accept the criticism when we are poor.
Saturday was very disappointing and the players for the first time in a long time did not look interested. We were out battled, out played and out thought by a very poor Oldham side. Unfortunately for us in my opinion there are too many average players in this current side and some who are simply not up to scratch. Gornell and Curran although cant be criticised for lack of enthusiasm but are hopeless in front of goal, Mclaren, Mahon look like they have come here to simply play out the end of their careers, Shuker flatters to decieve, there is obviously something about Barnett that noone like because although he signed a contract in the summer never gets played. In short it is a hastily assembled disjointed poor team.
It worries me that a team who are 3rd from bottom cant motivate themselves for a home game against one of there main rivals.

To me as always their is only one person who should be blamed for the mess the club is in. These are the reasons why we are were we are to be honest it has sod all to do with Les Parry or Shaun or Cheif:

1/ Sacking Ronnie (Wish you were here) Moore. The man perform,ed wonders last season and I am sure would already have had plans in place to bring in players to replace the ones who were leaving. Missing out on the playoffs by 2 minutes was hardly failure.

2/ Cutting an already slim wage structure even thinner.

2/ Appointing a man who simply had no idea what so ever about how to run a football team and allowing that man to sign players unhindered until the entire seasons budget was blown.

3/ Allowing said man to continue in charge even after it was painfully obvious to every one in football that he was doing a bad job, the squad was inbalanced and simply not playing we rapidly had the worst goal difference in the whole of the country.

4/ Sacking the manager well after a lot of damage had already been done, and allowing a PhYSIO to take charge on a temp basis.

5/ Allowing that temp basis to go on for weeks while we lose more ground and dont have the ability to sign any new players.

6/ Deciding that despite there being dozens of managers out of work that the key to survival was to give the job to the physio on a full time basis.

PJ is league 2 the new direction you were planning to take the club in? Because tbh that is were we are going to end up and anger frustration should be aimed firmly at your door. Yes you were once the saviour of the club however now it seem you are going to take the club full circle and send us down the toilet. Am totally cheesed off with the whole sorry situation and reckon if we lose our next 2 game that are both on the road we can start planning trips to Crewe and Bradford next season. Of course relegation will bring with it its own problems, falling gates and less season tickets being sold, coupled with another cut in the wage structure.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Missing out on the playoffs by 2 minutes was hardly failure.
Now I'm not sticking up for anyone here or taking sides, I was just as shocked and annoyed as a lot of people when Ronnie got his marching orders, but missing out on the play-offs is a failure. We missed out, we lost, we failed. You don't get anything for missing out by 2 minutes.

Admittedly the situation was a little bit healthier than this season and it did seem the club was heading in the right direction.

I'm not even going to consider relegation and what that brings whilst there are still games left. We can still get out of this. Just the thought of going down to div 2 makes me feel sick.

I think people are getting seriously concerned now, and rightly so. More games pass by and still we find ourselves in the bottom four. We've been in the bottom four for how many months now?

Come on Rovers!!! [-o<

Player
Jimmy Harvey
tbh Ian I try and remain positive but honestly cant see a way out of this now. Oldham was crunch game and although it was only one game out of many left it was a yard stick to see how we perform against one of our main relagation contenders, and we failed miserably. As I say if you cant motivate yourselves for a game which technically could have seen us climb out of the relegation zone then there is no hope for us.
The club is aimlessly drifting at the moment with no strong or clear leadership, I can hand on heart say I would have preferred Lorraine to have stayed on at least she looked like she gave a s*it about the club. The silence from PJ however basically sums it up, it was him that sacked a capable manager who was (albeit slowly) moving the club in the right direction and by doing this started this whole sorry thing rolling.
I would love to say we are going to get out of this but the trouble is now I dont believe it myself anymore, we simply cant win games and in our situation often a point is not good enough. The only way we will survive is if we find some consistency and string 3-4 wins together but being totally honest I cant see us doing this.
PJ picked us up in the bottom tier and ultimately is going to leave us back there.

DIW

Player
Goodison
I will put my cards on the table, I don't rate Les Parry.

The performance against our rivals Oldham was UNACCEPTABLE.

Its only early February so why bring in someone who REALLY knows tactical acuman and will get us the points we require while we still have time.

Being a so-called 'rovers legend' isn't nearly enough when your in dire straites.

As it is completely obvious that Johnson is not going to make any sort of change, this post is totally unhelpful.
We need to get behind Les 100% now until the end of the season, leave the inquests until then when the damage has been done or averted.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Now I'm not sticking up for anyone here or taking sides, I was just as shocked and annoyed as a lot of people when Ronnie got his marching orders, but missing out on the play-offs is a failure. We missed out, we lost, we failed. You don't get anything for missing out by 2 minutes.

Oh come on. It was a miracle that we finished 7th given our budget, huge overachievment.

Let's be honest - Les is a dead man walking.

Best thing he can do is walk away now and force Johnson to bring in a manager.

We are down and out - League 2 here we come.

:-({|=:-({|=:-({|=

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I'm baffled by people who want a more experienced, journeyman type manager to come in, some of the names that always get mentioned are the very last kind of person I'd want in this situation.

Les has more football experience than most managers. It is also clear that he's a very clever man. And as a Tranmere fan, emotionally motivated to keep us up!!! Setting aside how it came about that he's in charge...
when the chips are down there is no question about his loyalty.

We as fans definitely need to lay off Les Parry, and Ian Moore. These are the guys we want to be backing 100% - they are who we have got - and I'm very happy with them and proud of them. And I would still be proud of them if they fight bravely and go down.

Les brought our Tranmere back. It's going to be a long old slog, but write Tranmere Rovers off at your peril!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
While it's obvious we need to support the manager and the team, something we do with our wallets, it's very easy to jump onto a defeat or poor performance. Bad performances and defeats will happen again before the season is out, it's just not good to experience as a supporter when your team is in the bottom four. People are obviously edgy with the situation..

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Dont get me wrong part of me admires Les's ambition in wanting to try management and I genuinely like the man and thought initially his appointment as temporary manager was very clever. It galvonized the supporters behind a figure head they genuinely like, a club icon.
However I still question whether or not his appointment was made on football grounds or on purely financial ones.
My problem is not with the management team its with the people much further up the food chain!