• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

New Signings-- Who do you want??

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Ian hit the nail on the head.Ronnie will have made offers to a number of players however as you would expect other clubs have a similar interest and simply add a couple of hundred quid on the wage packet. Ronnie will begin pre season with what is left and will more than likely have a number of trialists on board. As pre season progresses we will sign a clutch of players many of whom we have never heard of and will be ready for the opening day. I honestly have no idea who we may or may not be interested in but its fun to speculate.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Possibly Mike Grella? hes leaving bury to sign for an unamed club?

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
I agree with TBBE that nothing will happen for a while yet until those with more cash to flash get first choice. Fun to speculate, but does get boring without seeing some movement on Sky. Loans will feature big time again and I would love to see Wallace (midfield)...top player, and Wotton back as I do think the middle two at the back might struggle this year. Apart from loans I think the best players playing in the league will go elswhere, so we need to unearth a gem from trials using a few foreign relatively unknowns or improving non-league players such as Holmes.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Possibly Mike Grella? hes leaving bury to sign for an unamed club?
Could be Preston, more likely Blackpool, definitely not TRFC.

BTW, Shane Sherriff (remember him?) has also joined PNE and Robbie Weir has signed for Burton Albion.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
On the plus side the club have released a statement about the pitch\\:D/

Preston can keep all their boring transfer talk lets watch the grass grow.....literally.

To be fair Grella has been linked with us before so you never know, there is also a lot of talk between Huddersfield fans that Kay is coming back here (Could just be wishful thinking on their part).

Realistically what positions needs filling?

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
On the plus side the club have released a statement about the pitch\\:D/

Preston can keep all their boring transfer talk lets watch the grass grow.....literally.

To be fair Grella has been linked with us before so you never know, there is also a lot of talk between Huddersfield fans that Kay is coming back here (Could just be wishful thinking on their part).

Realistically what positions needs filling?

RM has mentioned that he wants quality over quantity, so I expect that not all players who left at the end of the season will be directly replaced. For example, we will probably not sign another right-back despite the departure of Raven, given that we have Kay and Holmes on our books.

Main priority has to be the signing at least two 'quality' central midfielders given the departure of Welsh and Wallace. We also need a backup keeper, a left-back, another striker, and a few midfielders in general.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It will be interesing to see if Ronnie tries to fill his squad with "permanent" signings, as Les did, or whether he goes back to his old policy of getting players on season loans (Daniels, Logan, Shotton et al). The first brought stability and team spirit, the second gave the team a bit of quality. Now we already have the basis of a good squad on contract, I would hope we might get one or two long-term loanees like Cassidy, Baxter or Wallace (none of whom I expect us to see in a Rovers shirt again). However, if we can't get really promising players on loan, we might as well go for permanent ones.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Interesting to see Ronnie state that he is 99% certain to bring a Championship midfielder in on loan. I wonder who it is ?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Might just be a kid looking for experience.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
From recent post it is good to see a GK lined up. For me I am worried about centre back. Goodi might be in decline, Ash can have confidence issues and there are suspensions and injuries to worry about. Of current squad I am not sure who could stand in. It would have been one advantage of keeping Raven.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Mchrystal. Goodi and Ash are sound.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Rumours on Twitter suggest that Jose Baxter has left Everton......Would be interesting to see him and Wallace in cm next season, but as some one already stated I think its probably likely that he will bring in another Mendy.

Player
Nixon
wallace and baxter would be a dream pairing, they must have played together loads over the past few years and have a good understanding of each others game.

i would pay a pound extra as many would to fund there wages.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
wallace and baxter would be a dream pairing, they must have played together loads over the past few years and have a good understanding of each others game.

i would pay a pound extra as many would to fund there wages.

I don't think £4-5000 would get us too far sadly

Baxter will definitely sign for a better club than TRFC

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I didn't. Baxter is in a diff league to Wallace in terms of his reputation.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Baxter is much the more talented player, and it is highly unlikely he would come here, but I think Wallace is actually better suited to us as he is more of a complete midfield player at our level; Baxter was a bit of a luxury player at times, whereas we can build the team around Wallace.