• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

New Signings-- Who do you want??

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I tend to agree that regardless of Baxter's greater talent, Wallace was actually the more effective for us during his loan spell. Wouldn't say no to Jose, but it's not going to happen.

I see that Lateef has joined Bury. Wonder if Rovers made any effort to recruit him, he did well enough in his initial loan spell and was just starting to get back into shape when we loaned him last season when it ended abruptly. Campbell-Ryce, another wide player we were apparently interested in, has joined Notts County. It's probably a winger that's the priority now, although a left-back, reserve keeper and another central midfielder are still on the shopping list.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Baxter is much the more talented player, and it is highly unlikely he would come here, but I think Wallace is actually better suited to us as he is more of a complete midfield player at our level; Baxter was a bit of a luxury player at times, whereas we can build the team around Wallace.

Totally

Baxter and Robbo in one team is a bit much

DIW

Player
Goodison
Baxter is much the more talented player, and it is highly unlikely he would come here, but I think Wallace is actually better suited to us as he is more of a complete midfield player at our level; Baxter was a bit of a luxury player at times, whereas we can build the team around Wallace.

Excellent post.

Brightonian

Player
Ian Goodison, James Norwood
I think RLC has made a very accurate assessment. Baxter clearly has a lot of ability and potential but Wallace was exactly what we had been lacking in midfield. James tackles well, always wants the ball and has lots of energy but has the time and vision to see an opening, or to switch play. He will only get better and I think will score quite a few goals from the edge of the box this season.

Great if we do get Baxter which would be a bonus but I am still delighted to have Wallace.

merseymariner

Player
Nicky Henry
A signing! Paul Black from Oldham. Left Back. 22yrs old, played 60 times for Oldham according to his wiki

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
He was fairly well regarded by most Oldham fans, who were a bit surprised to see him leave. That said, most saw him only as a capable squad player at this level, so expect Zoum will be first choice. Good to have that problem area addressed with someone fairly tried and tested in L1, and he's still a young lad.