• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Micky sacked

Player
Ian Goodison
New manager odds will of course include..

Paul Ince
Robbie Fowler
Rafa Benitez

And any other football manager living on the Wirral

Berty

Player
Jennings
Manager
Johnny
Sad when a decent man and manager like MM leaves

If as some think he didnt select some of the players (and lets be honest our forwards are a joke) then time will prove this regardless of who comes in next

Personally i dont see ambition from the top down. Maybe staying where we are is as good as it gets for now.

Not what we want but maybe its the reality.

The fundemental flaw last two seasons is mass exodus of players, too many on loan. Therefore takes months to bed in. Then January we do it all again

Just get balance of experienced players and it will always be better

Just look at the recent good years. Always great players with heaps of experience. No longer the case

And finally please get a goal scorer. I sit in the stands with fellas who would score more than our current forwards

I love this club, and since 83, but weve got to stop accepting the tinkering. Please sort MP

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
New manager odds will of course include..

Paul Ince
Robbie Fowler
Rafa Benitez

And any other football manager living on the Wirral
Ince doing a decent job at reading I think but fowler may well be interested…

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think but fowler may well be interested
Ohh dear..

Look at MP's managerial appointments not including MM. Brabin, Mike Jackson and Keith Hill. That is the level we are probably looking at.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
It all comes down to budget and investment.
And if we can afford a manager within the ever decreasing financial situation.
Whoever it is, won't have much say with recruitment, not while the chairman has final say.

It is gonna be interesting to see who would want the job!

Stickman

Player
Aldo
Ohh dear..

Look at MP's managerial appointments not including MM. Brabin, Mike Jackson and Keith Hill. That is the level we are probably looking at.
Looking back with hindsight, I think Brabin should be given some credit for stabilising us and bringing in some very good players. There are several examples of clubs where things have got a hell of a lot worse after relegation to the National League.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Looking back with hindsight, I think Brabin should be given some credit for stabilising us and bringing in some very good players. There are several examples of clubs where things have got a hell of a lot worse after relegation to the National League.
Brabin did a fairly good job for a time.

However, his recruitment record was not as great as is often suggested. We had a very healthy budget at that level and he had the pick of National League players, yet still brought in plenty of duds: Marlon Jackson, Ben Tomlinson, Darren Stephenson etc.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes I agree. Adkins success was a long long time ago. Artell comes across a bit of a strange character.

Robinson would be my choice. Working so local may help and although he wouldn’t come cheap, he’s just been sacked by a league one club. A league two club with promotion aspirations may appeal to him if he thinks he could add another promotion to his CV.

All comes down to budget. If he’s got the impression we’ve got an average budget then he may prefer to wait for something better
If the development policy is here to stay, Robinson also has a track record of working with young players and playing reasonable football. Similar to Mellon, he is also an effective communicator and would be able to get the fans on side.

I don't think it will happen though.

I agree Brabin’s recruitment for us is sometimes overhyped, and he’s never earned much of a reputation for recruitment in his subsequent roles at various EFL clubs. But he did lay good foundations and left us in a much healthier situation than he found us, so I don’t regard him as a failure.

If the development policy is here to stay, Robinson also has a track record of working with young players and playing reasonable football. Similar to Mellon, he is also an effective communicator and would be able to get the fans on side.
Same can be said for John McGreal. If he’s interested, he could be a strong candidate to fit with this strategy.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Ohh dear..

Oh dear, you forgot the worst one - Micky Adams!!

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It doesn't make good reading does it. I think talk of Robinson is wholly unrealistic.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Well let's hope that mp gets this one right and we back the new manager and let us all hope we get the entertainment we are craving

Player
ian goodison
if it comes down to budget maybe mark might consider the role of chairman/manager that would save some money.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Guys this is depressing enough stop now just give the job to Rover or Audrey

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
I'm genuinely on the fence re Micky getting the push.
It would be interesting if they got the new guy in ASAP(won't happen) to see if he could get a different tune out of those available.....new manager bounce notwithstanding.
Things will be totally different in terms of personnel coming/going before any new appointment. Plust significant players returning from injury.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Adams was an experienced manager who was actually turning our form around, where it went wrong was the January recruitment after which the form fell away totally.
Jackson was the cheap option but the inevitable given was continuity.
Hill again was an experienced manager with promotions at Rochdale but in an unusual season he never endeared himself to the fans or eventually the owners but he did get us to the play offs.
Edwards was up against from the start, the budget was drastically reduced and the fans were vocal virtually from the off.
Brabin again had experience at that level Although I don't think he had achieved promotion which was the aim.

Although the managers were ultimately not a success there were good reasons for the appointments at the time.