• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Micky sacked

Tomorrow will be a fortnight since Palios said he hoped to have a new manager in a couple of weeks.

Last time Dawes managed us against Grimsby we announced Hill straight after the game. Wonder if lightning will strike for a second time tomorrow, only this time Clint not Keef (..or maybe even Keef!! :eek:)

ADD

Player
Norwood
Alan Nixon article is that Fowler is interested in the job but no suggestion he has actually been talked to...

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Tomorrow will be a fortnight since Palios said he hoped to have a new manager in a couple of weeks.

Last time Dawes managed us against Grimsby we announced Hill straight after the game. Wonder if lightning will strike for a second time tomorrow, only this time Clint not Keef (..or maybe even Keef!! :eek:)
It was interesting listening to Ritchie Wellens last night. He said the decision to appoint him with thirteen games to go last season was key to Orient's success, as it allowed him to assess the existing playing squad, plan recruitment and get his ideas across.

By contrast, it is over a month since Mellon left, the season ends in a fortnight, and a new manager is not in situ.

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It's now 5 weeks since Micky was sacked and still no new manager, we had a chance to get someone in to assess the players but no we have wasted that opportunity.
Sadly this is now typical of the way the club is being run and is poor.

Alan Nixon article is that Fowler is interested in the job but no suggestion he has actually been talked to...
It’s a bizarre article, tells us nothing more than Fowler is considering applying for it.

Seeing as the vacancy has existed for over a month, and he could easily have applied in all that time without any publicity, it sounds more like a ‘come and get me‘ plea, if not to Tranmere then to any other club who’s probably forgotten about him.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Agree Sparky but I don't think we'll see any announment until after the early bird deadline so we are probably looking at early May. It might put some people off renewing otherwise!

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Same old story this club are so darn slow at doing stuff even then we won't get the right man in could we do worse than leaving Daws and parky I charge at least they know what they hacve got and what's needed

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Some of the speculation is downright bizarre. Rafa Benitez now being linked with investing!!

I’m fed up of it all now. Just want some certainty!
I’d welcome investment from savvy football people with a lot of cash like Benitez, who I’ve always regarded as one of the game’s good guys and who has strong local links. He wouldn’t miss the odd million but could make a real difference to the future of the club.

drwhoman

I think Sparky's point is that the Benitez rumour is almost certainly nonsense, and there is an absence of positive news regarding either the managerial position or additional investment.
The continued delay makes you wonder if Dawes will be offered the job in the absence of acceptable candidates who are willing to take the job! Surely the Club are already assessing who will be offered a new contract and someone (Dawes?) will be deciding on early player targets for next season? Any other individual is going to be at a disadvantage not having hands on knowledge of the current squad and thus being able to take a view on his future player needs (a striker or two for a start!). At present, I cannot really see what the point of sacking MM was. Would Dawes be an upgrade?

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I still believe, that it will be at the end of this month that the new manager will be announced or if not after the bank holiday of our final game. I would imagine that the coaching staff will find out before they go away for their summer break, post season.
if they need to be back pre season.

it won't be Ian Dawes, unless............!!!!!!

drwhoman

I still believe, that it will be at the end of this month that the new manager will be announced or if not after the bank holiday of our final game. I would imagine that the coaching staff will find out before they go away for their summer break, post season.
if they need to be back pre season.

it won't be Ian Dawes, unless............!!!!!!
Either way it does not look good! Maybe Mark should have taken a deep breath before sacking Micky. With no new investment it will need a miracle man to do better!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
There's no way Dawes will get the managers job.
I’d be amazed if it was Dawes. I wonder if the delays are because managers who weren’t available when Micky was first sacked, e.g Darryl Clarke or Michael Flynn, are now available and may have expressed an interest recently giving Mark more to think about