• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Grimsby v Rovers

Grimsby v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Blundell Park
Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I’m being ridiculously ultrapositive and going for a Rovers-England double, both 2-0. At least if I’m wrong you can have a good laugh at me later. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Ian

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Nevitt the only new absentee and McAlear and Mumbongo actually make the bench.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Nice to see Mumbongo make a reappearance.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh dear..

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Poor defending in the build up to their goal. Rovers looking ropey

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The game has settled down a bit but we need to be creating more chances. We had two early chances and since then, nothing..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
1-0 HT. The game is still largely open and Grimsby don't look anything at all, however and yet again, we say this every week, we are not creating enough. Mainly lot's of poor decisions in the final third. I would be amazed if we got two in the second half but we could come away with a draw.

Goal attempts 3, shots on target: 0 :thumbsdown:

frenchrover

Player
aldo
We've played well the 1st half but we are never going to score with Hemmings and Lewis upfront...they simply aren't good enough...and if that doesnt see them scoring 2nd half I'll eat my hat :lol: :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Ian

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
McAtee is a dangerous opponent at this level and there are a few others in the Grimsby xi who seem to look a threat around our area. We don’t seem to be reacting enough to the second ball at both ends of the park. Can't see us turning things around with the current line-up

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
at the end of the day, the team is crap and it needs changing MM will not be around for Long at this rate its not good enough

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
the other thing is we make shit teams look good we are poor and its only cus we won 5 on the bounce or we would be near the bottom

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Burton on for Lewis but we just don't look like scoring

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Now 2-0 down poor defending from a free-kick. At the other end no threat at all from Rovers.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Game over, we are shockingly bad, they not won in 6 yet beating us easily.
Sad to say but for me it's time for Micky to go, he is not getting the best out of the squad

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
sorry Lads but MM has to go we are only going 1 way every team who has poor records know they will win against us we do it all the fkn time the team is crap it is ok to play well at times but if the ball doesn't get put away then so what we have been starved of entertainment over the last season and a half it needs changing

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, theres a stroke of luck. 2-1

Last edited: