• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Doncaster (2) v Rovers (1)

Match result

• Doncaster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Sparky, I’d like to see Hawkes starting and you make a fair point about his lack of minutes. However he needs to stay switched on accept part of his role is protecting the full-back and no suicidal back-passes.
Yes I agree and that’s the enigma part of him. Does Nigel trust him to do the dirty work? Especially away from home? I don’t think he does especially when he’s given McAlear minutes on the right when on our travels ahead of Josh. Plus there is the issue that Hawkes apparently doesn’t like playing on the right but he can’t pick and choose.
Sadly I don’t think he’ll be with us next season and with apter returning to Blackpool we’ll have to put new wingers near the top of the shopping list.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Yes I agree and that’s the enigma part of him. Does Nigel trust him to do the dirty work? Especially away from home? I don’t think he does especially when he’s given McAlear minutes on the right when on our travels ahead of Josh. Plus there is the issue that Hawkes apparently doesn’t like playing on the right but he can’t pick and choose.
Sadly I don’t think he’ll be with us next season and with apter returning to Blackpool we’ll have to put new wingers near the top of the shopping list.
The club have the option to extend Hawkes contract which will be taken up in the summer, so if he leaves it will be for a small fee.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hawkes can definately still play a part in this team. The team will change again when loanees go back, people come and go. I think he has to work a bit more on the consistency and tracking back. It would be difficult to drop him if this side of his game improved.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I wonder if Nigel has considered playing Josh up front. He does have an eye for goal. Perhaps playing off a centre forward he might be a handful.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't think playing Hawkes out of position is really the answer. He has not got the attributes of a centre forward or a number ten, and I don't think he would be comfortable in that area of the pitch.

I would simply give Morris a rest and play him wide where he is most effective.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I wonder if Nigel has considered playing Josh up front. He does have an eye for goal. Perhaps playing off a centre forward he might be a handful.
I’ve often thought this BBTC especially when we’ve not scored many (albeit not since Nigel took over overall) He has pace and can finish whereas Saunders only has pace!
His best position is out on the left but when we’ve had few options up top I’m surprised it’s not been given a go