• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Bradford v Rovers

Match result

• Bradford

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bradford v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Utilita Energy Stadium
Tuesday, February 14, 2023 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, February 14, 2023 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Back in the day, when I saw us win away occasionally went to the 0-3 Cup game at Bradford. Also at the game when the ref wrongly gave a second yellow to Gareth Roberts rather than Ryan Taylor. Can’t say it’s been that unfriendly an away ground in my experience.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Correct there was another one earlier very nearby! A second replay and another a third replay, different years but at the same neutral ground
Scunthorpe at Goodison in the FA Cup, in the early seventies. I think Keegan played for Scunthorpe.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Halifax I think, shortly before they went bust.

The crowd was 612 as I remember, which must be one of the lowest crowds we have played in front of in a senior fixture.
I was there, was a bit strange, but I do remember being there, thanks for reminding me of it!

Player
Manager
Back in the day, when I saw us win away occasionally went to the 0-3 Cup game at Bradford. Also at the game when the ref wrongly gave a second yellow to Gareth Roberts rather than Ryan Taylor. Can’t say it’s been that unfriendly an away ground in my experience.
And that one!

Player
Manager
I also remember the goal aldo scored there.
When we were stuck in the main stand in the corner, was that a Friday night game?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Jameson in for Turnbull. Hmm..

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The decision was made not to compensate for the defensive departures and strengthen the midfield/attack instead. Is that going to come back and bite us tonight? With Jameson having so little action recently it’s asking a lot to expect him to slot straight back in. We’ll see…

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
We have some hope. Cookie has scored double his goals away from home compared to home.

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
The bench looks so strong tonight. ...apart from a defensive point of view.
I fancy a win tonight and if the full backs and in particular Bristow replicate Saturdays game I'm hoping Hemmings and Saunders can get amongst the goals.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Another good delivery from Bristow, flashed across goal. Just needed a foot on it. Promising.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Morris limps off. Chalmers comes on. Shame, Morris was having a good game. The resulting free kick hits the wall.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
1 down, pay the price for not putting chances away.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Goal for Walker. Not picked up on edge of box, free shot into corner.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A typically frustrating away half. We’ve played fairly well in patches. Bristow with two excellent crosses that someone has to get on the end of.

Hewlet has been rarely troubled but they scored from nothing really. Bristow and hawkes both a bit flat footed as Walker came inside.

That first half almost sums us up. Lack of a clinical edge despite some decent football

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Saunders did so well to work into position but couldn't balance himself and megged himself. Bristow marked no one and the lad drifts in he doesn't react. If you don't put his crosses away the slip ups kill you.