• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Bradford v Rovers

Match result

• Bradford

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bradford v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Utilita Energy Stadium
Tuesday, February 14, 2023 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, February 14, 2023 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Moving on from the rather obvious anti Palios agenda…. Afaik, Mellon’s contract has never been disclosed so where does the assumption that he’s out of contract in the summer come from?
I am not sure there is any anti-Palios agenda on this site, just a realism regarding the club's financial position at the moment. I certainly defend the owners on a regular basis.

Outoftowner

Player
Chris Merrie
Manager
Micky Mellon
You could have Pep as manager, the players still wouldnt be able to score goals, they aren't good enough. I think I've pretty much written the season off as it's the same every week now. What we need for stability is to keep Micky in charge but we need players that can stick the ball in the net. We might be looking at some luck for this to happen as we currently do not have the finances to cherry pick them. It will be the same next season too if no investment is found, whilst the likes of Wrexham will be flying past us!
Absolute rubbish - it’s Mellons crap tactics and most likely inept coaching that is to blame !

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Absolute rubbish - it’s Mellons crap tactics and most likely inept coaching that is to blame !
your only input on this site is to either attack micky or defend merrie like hes some kind of midfield messiah. not sure whether you're trolling or being serious?

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
some just like to moan no matter what we all know MM loves the club and I bet he is as frustrated and pissed off like most of us are at times but you feel like at times he is hitting a brick wall with some fans

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Moving on from the rather obvious anti Palios agenda…. Afaik, Mellon’s contract has never been disclosed so where does the assumption that he’s out of contract in the summer come from?
2 year contract, it was disclosed in an interview on radio Merseyside when he rejoined.

There no anti Palios agenda just people rightly concerned that despite taking over the club virtually debt free they are having to cover wages and losses themselves despite their aim over the budget and being a self sustainable club.
The projects they have tried the concerts, China, riverhill etc have made losses.

The anti Palios agenda is apparent in most of Keef‘s posts. He seems to have a personal issue with MP. It gets in the way and becomes tiresome after a while.

Covering a short term loss rather than cashing in some or all of £500k of assets now, when they (1) can help us achieve our on pitch aims this season and (2) may well have appreciated in value (and almost certainly won’t have lost value) a few months down the line, makes sense, and certainly isn’t something to hit the panic button over.

EDIT - I’d be far more worried if the club had felt it had to cash in in January. The development model will never work if we have to offload at the first opportunity when pursuing a longer term strategy.

Last edited:

drwhoman

The irony is Dundee united currently sit bottom of the SPL and may well go down. Maybe they should have kept Micky!
I suspect there was some local politics in Play as MM was promoting a very pragmatic style of football aimed at keeping DU in the SPL. His replacement came from a team then in the fourth tier which is based about 40m south of Dundee.

Mellon’s successor, Tam Courts, stepped up from Dundee United’s youth set up. His time with Kelty was a few years earlier.

The club got a lot of flak off the fans when they appointed Courts but the appointment paid off.

drwhoman

Mellon’s successor, Tam Courts, stepped up from Dundee United’s youth set up. His time with Kelty was a few years earlier.

The club got a lot of flak off the fans when they appointed Courts but the appointment paid off.
Maybe working with MM helped? He was subsequently replaced and left to manage in Hungary. However, and sadly, he was sacked in Oct 22 and is currently unemployed.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume

Maybe working with MM helped? He was subsequently replaced and left to manage in Hungary. However, and sadly, he was sacked in Oct 22 and is currently unemployed.
I don't know enough about Dundee United to say if Courts built on the foundations Micky had built or significantly changed things, but he took them into Europe and the departure was his own choice. Unsure what went wrong in Hungary.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't know enough about Dundee United to say if Courts built on the foundations Micky had built or significantly changed things, but he took them into Europe and the departure was his own choice. Unsure what went wrong in Hungary.
I think his performance in terms of points was actually very similar to Mellon's, such is the strangeness of the SPL with the mid-season split and the gulf between the Old Firm and the rest.

Outoftowner

Player
Chris Merrie
Manager
Micky Mellon
your only input on this site is to either attack micky or defend merrie like hes some kind of midfield messiah. not sure whether you're trolling or being serious?
There’s certainly no messiah’s in this squad but all I’m saying is that on an individual level they are mostly a good bunch of players who don’t appear to be getting the right guidance on what to do on the pitch. I am not a troll, I admit I often lay into Mellon because IMO he just hadn’t got what it takes and his style of football and tactics are frankly quite useless and not good to watch !. Your opinion is different to mine which is ok as we are all entitled to our own views - mine is Mellon is rubbish and needs to go !