• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

And the new manager is..

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think it's safe to say any potential sale of the club/investment is know not going to materialise and player sales will be required to reduce the losses.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Swapping a qualified Manager for a backroom guy who is probably over promoted in any role at a league club is pretty dreadful and will not be ameliorated by a technical director whoever that is. No idea what he would do but it would be amazing if he was anyone fans would even recognise.
This isn't poundshop more charity shop- offer what you can.
Best hope there are two greater basket cases next year

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
Palios's statement has raised more questions than it answers.

How much of the funds that are available are going to go on this as yet unrevealed Technical Director ? Why is he not being revealed at the same time ? Will his job role be the same as James Vaughan's was ?

Or are we waiting until another player commits to a new contract before the club announces who it is, so that it has a sop for the fans ?

The next Q & A will be interesting :)

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We can afford a 'Technical Director' but we can't afford a bog-standard coaching staff to support an adequate manager.

I doubt the Technical Director ever materialises.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
We can afford a 'Technical Director' but we can't afford a bog-standard coaching staff to support an adequate manager.

I doubt the Technical Director ever materialises.
What is there to direct, a club with one full time team? The youth play in a knock out. Players brought in from far higher clubs for a bright new dawn ended up on loan in Scotland and a Warrington suburb. The only new job that might be needed is a loan manager to monitor the seven or so emigre's, not that they were even worth bringing back to fill an empty bench.
Appears shambolic but I suspect a crisis is brewing. I'd guess Hemmings' agent is hard at work.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I guess the Technical Director if it comes off will be heavily involved in the recruitment as was James Vaughan

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The timing of the announcement is odd, MP must have known that it would not go down very well and there's likely to be a backlash of some sort on Monday so why not wait till next week

Player
Manager
John King
The timing of the announcement is odd, MP must have known that it would not go down very well and there's likely to be a backlash of some sort on Monday so why not wait till next week
He probably thought he could not leave it until after the season ticket deadline.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
It's all about the money and not what the fans consider to be a reasonable set up for what the club should be about!
For me, the concept of what was built up since the nineties and instilled in our belief as the heart of the club and it's philosophy towards being the club we all want to be a part of, has been eroded away!
What was called, the deadly submarine, the trip to the moon, the ethos, that the shirt is the most important part of the club, the future, the belief in the club would protect against, that the club would be still there for our kids, our grandkids, the future generations.
With this decision the club is betraying the Tranmere Rovers ethos of being the best that we can!

Wherever there is faith. Has the faith gone? Do we trust The owners to have The best interests of shareholders and the supporters primarily?

There is light and strength. .. The light is flickering, The strength is waning, if the squad is any weaker. I fear another season of shocking football and a relegation battle

Somebody will almost certainly switch the light off, if it continues!

This feels wrong, it feels like a bereavement in my Tranmere family.
I know, that we can do better than this. Success seems so far away! This is horrible! So depressing.

Sorry people! I feel betrayed

ADD

Player
Norwood
Agreed that's the strange bit I don't get unless worried about it being leaked?

Surprised by the appointment I have to say but not as negative as many/ most on here. Think in both stints he has done a more than decent job considering he had no opportunity to bring any players in himself and the extension of Davies's contract suggests there is maybe more positivity within the club than without given he apparently had other offers.

Player
Manager
John King
the extension of Davies's contract suggests there is maybe more positivity within the club than without given he apparently had other offers.
Yes, Dawes certainly seems to have Palios's ear. I am not sure that is entirely healthy.

I doubt Palios is feeling particularly positive this evening.

Salfordwhite

Player
Michael Ricketts
This situation baffles me,

Why wasn`t Ian offered the job after his first stint as caretaker having been unbeaten after five games? Why now this is the time to move in a forward direction, we are all looking for a lift and it feels like we are going backwards.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
It's all about the money and not what the fans consider to be a reasonable set up for what the club should be about!
For me, the concept of what was built up since the nineties and instilled in our belief as the heart of the club and it's philosophy towards being the club we all want to be a part of, has been eroded away!
What was called, the deadly submarine, the trip to the moon, the ethos, that the shirt is the most important part of the club, the future, the belief in the club would protect against, that the club would be still there for our kids, our grandkids, the future generations.
With this decision the club is betraying the Tranmere Rovers ethos of being the best that we can!

Wherever there is faith. Has the faith gone? Do we trust The owners to have The best interests of shareholders and the supporters primarily?

There is light and strength. .. The light is flickering, The strength is waning, if the squad is any weaker. I fear another season of shocking football and a relegation battle

Somebody will almost certainly switch the light off, if it continues!

This feels wrong, it feels like a bereavement in my Tranmere family.
I know, that we can do better than this. Success seems so far away! This is horrible! So depressing.

Sorry people! I feel betrayed
Of course it is about money, if it runs out you wouldn't be happy if players were allowed to walk away next Xmas just to reduce the wage bill! However you look at it Mark has to be able to convince himself he can get through next season under a worst case scenario ie no cup ties. That is life and always has been

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
This situation baffles me,

Why wasn`t Ian offered the job after his first stint as caretaker having been unbeaten after five games? Why now this is the time to move in a forward direction, we are all looking for a lift and it feels like we are going backwards.
I would look at it this way, the only way this works is the notion that not having Micky improves the team. That is a wild conclusion given the man has run several promotions, as nothing has been added just taken away.
I suspect now Palios would not have sacked him if he thought this was the outcome.
PS Another forum has a poster who has been abusing Mellon throughout and has proposed Dawes be his replacement throughout. He has let slip his own identity or pretended to be him, if an ex-Wales striker joins as coach- this could get very messy as technical director expect meltdown

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Dawes will be manager in name only.
He is a coach, nowt else!

You have to think, what decisions will he be allowed to make?

And the role of football director, what is his role?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Made me laugh when Davies said he re-signed due to the ambition of the club. Maybe I'm missing something?! If our best players leave soon Dawes has one hell of a job on his hands. Ohh, and we need a goalscorer or two for when the 1st choice gets injured! Think it's good we only have one game left, gives things time to cool down.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Wow just wow its Tranmere for you and says everything about palios they have hit a brick wallwitb the clubs financial freedom or lack of it next season could be our last in the football League for a long time if this goes wrong

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
I’m finding a lot of the responses on forums/social media a little melodramatic. Yes, it’s possibly not the most dynamic news, wouldn’t have been a lot of people’s first choice and I wasn’t whooping it up on first hearing it, but give the guy a fair crack of the whip. The decision‘s been made and we need to adjust to it; let’s judge performance after a lot more games than current judgements are being made in relation to his caretaker roles; the guy has had to pick up the pieces on three occasions now and needs some kudos for that, even if it’s begrudgingly given.