• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

And the new manager is..

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
If it were Clint Hill, as some Stockport fans believe, that couldn’t be announced until their season ends so no announcement at the Northampton game.
I’m still not sure about Clint. As Mike Jackson found out going from a number two to the main man is a big step up. Although Clint has a rovers connection personally I think I’d prefer Artell or Darryl Clarke who being out of work may not be too expensive and have promotion experience. However the deal breaker may be their appetite for a development model, that said artell worked under similar circumstances at Crewe

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, it could be a good chance to kick start his career again instead of working with Citys kids.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Barry BM still being touted elsewhere as a likely option. Man City u23s last game is this Saturday so perhaps he’ll be announced after that and before our game on the Monday

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
SeeGod talk about drawing it out palios is taking the p@£s a little imagine if this one is wronge

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Karl Robinson is going to assist Sam Allardyce at Leeds for four games..
A odd combination. I wonder if they are thinking if they go down then they can release big Sam and give Robinson the job to take them back up

Player
Ian Goodison
A odd combination. I wonder if they are thinking if they go down then they can release big Sam and give Robinson the job to take them back up
I thought the same..
Robbie Keane as a coach i don't how they would all know each other, Keanes brief stint at Liverpool was after KR had left.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Speechless and gutted. Barry-Murphy or any other potential appointments obviously fell through.

The club gets my full support as ever, but this is an awful appointment.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’m gobsmacked. I know many of the names linked were unrealistic like Cowley’s or Robinson, but surely some of Artell, Alexander, Darryl Clarke etc were avaiable? Unless none of them fancies what Palios was offering.

It just reeks of the cheap option which I guess if perhaps all we can afford.

There can’t be many numbers twos who get the job after being an assistant to three sacked managers

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
“We have moved away from appointing experienced managers who have spent years on the managerial merry-go-round and who come (and go) with their own supporting staff because, each time one departs, the club they leave effectively has to start rebuilding its support staff and systems from scratch”

Clearly the cheap option of Dawes and Parky

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
There can’t be many numbers twos who get the job after being an assistant to three sacked managers
Yeah, welcome to Tranmere! I now think there is very little money in the club after that announcement and it's going to be difficult to bring in the quality we need.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
“We have moved away from appointing experienced managers who have spent years on the managerial merry-go-round and who come (and go) with their own supporting staff because, each time one departs, the club they leave effectively has to start rebuilding its support staff and systems from scratch”

Clearly the cheap option of Dawes and Parky
Barry Murphy does not fit the description of a manager 'on the merry go round', so why not appoint him or someone similar ?

Absolute guff from Palios.