• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Wrexham v Rovers

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Looking at the bottom 6 teams, I am not looking forward to Torquay!!! ( our record against bottom 6 speaks for itself)
Mal, you make a good point. But Torquay's defence has been terrible and the team has looked much more potent in the last month. If we don't win well, I'll be surprised and very disappointed.

drwhoman

I agree BBTC but they have just appointed a new Manager which can have weird outcomes!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's got to be encouraging that a journalist who's familiar with football at this level describes Rovers as a very good side.

Having seen the highlights, there must be some concern for the quality of defending on both the Wrexham goals. Both decent finishes, but opportunities to clear/close down not taken. They might say the same about our first. Andy Mangan's goal came after a patient build-up and was a clinical finish; a very good goal indeed.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think the second Wrexham goal was partly the result of tiredness. Matt Hill, who otherwise had a good game, went AWOL in the last twenty minutes and a lot of Wrexham's attacks came down our left hand side. Generally, however, I thought the defence was good again and we restricted Wrexham to very few chances in open play.

It was a great ball from Sutton for Mangan's goal. He looks much more comfortable at right back than Ihiekwe.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
A donkey would be much more comfortable at right back than Ihiekwe!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think the second Wrexham goal was partly the result of tiredness. Matt Hill, who otherwise had a good game, went AWOL in the last twenty minutes and a lot of Wrexham's attacks came down our left hand side.
Admittedly, I only saw the highlights, but the game did seem to be played at a fast pace and two games a week must take its toll, particularly on the older players like Matt Hill. GB should be aware of this and be willing to sub or rest players when needed. Liam Ridehalgh, who is a decent player at this level, has been unlucky not to see more action.