• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Wrexham (0) v Rovers (1)

Match result

• Wrexham

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wrexham (0) v Rovers (1)
Posted by Ian
Racecourse Stadium
Saturday, March 16, 2024 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, March 16, 2024 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Big Walker fan, the old adage if he was fitter he wouldn't be with us is valid.
Yes, we have to accept most of our players are playing in league two for a reason.

Hopefully Norris will have a better game today up front and give their defense something to think about.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’m in the 4th row and Wrexham are a big side. A shame Davies is missing as I worry about Yarney.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yess!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bit of quality there from Norris. 1-0 to the whites!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohhh, Yarneys header saved off the line.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Great we are 1-0 up but we are under a lot of pressure from the home side and we keep giving the ball away. Need a bit more composure.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good, fiesty derby game see's Rovers 1-0 up at the break. Rovers took the early lead after Hendrys brilliant pass found Norris who shrugged off his man and placed it nicely into the corner. It's been pretty much all Wrexham since then who have put the Rovers defence under some real pressure. Rovers have defended brilliantly and are throwing everything at the ball.

I think we need to try and maintain more possession second half. We gave the ball away too easily in the first and more of that pressure might result in a Wrexham goal albeit McGee didn't have a great deal to do that half. A couple of saves but fairly standard for the keeper.

The more the half goes on, the more frustrated the home side will get. I'd like to Apter on the ball more, running at them causing them problems. Saunders looks a little lost out there. Great to see Norris getting a goal and causing some problems.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Walker is having a brilliant game, really helping out the defence.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Dennis for Norris now Lewis for Apter which is an odd change

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It sounded like Rovers were under the cosh for long periods but managed the game well. Great win!

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Listen to the game on the radio. What a performance brilliant and we shut the sheep s##gers up sorry for the beeps Ian. Told ya the would be a melt down the booing from the home fans says it all up the fabulous whites. Give Nigel a truck load of credit what he is doing with this team it's fabulous. Credit to all the team and the staff looking forward to next season

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
A long shot but only 7 points off play offs imagine if we won all our remaining games and sneaked in

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Its quite funny that on the Wrexham forum sone of there fans are saying the lack of a striker in the last 2 windows is starting to show what the fk are they talking about

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I thought it was a superb team performance and we deserved the victory. A lot of credit goes to Adkins for the tactical changes he made at half time, which were crucial to the win.

In the first half we were under almost constant pressure, largely due to Wrexham having a spare man in midfield, but we defended the eighteen yard box well and restricted the home side to efforts from distance. The defensive organisation was excellent and there were numerous blocked shots. However, we were struggling to keep possession and I don't think we could have stemmed the tide for ninety minutes.

However, in the second half we matched Wrexham up in a 532, moving Walker into the back three and Apter to central midfield, and I thought we actually looked extremely comfortable and saw the victory out relatively easily. Despite the firepower the hosts brought off the bench, McGee only had one really difficult save to make from a deflected shot.

There were great scenes at the final whistle, with some wonderful 'banter' with the home fans and our old friend Mr Mullin. What a great moment, which would not have seemed possible only a few months ago.

I thought everybody contributed, but Walker, Jennings, Hendry and Turnbull in particular were excellent. Saunders worked tirelessly up front and Yarney had probably his best game for us, and was responsible for a vital goal line clearance in the second half. Man of the match was probably Walker, who defended solidly and sprayed the ball around superbly when he went into the defence, but Adkins again has to take many plaudits for the spirit and organisation he has engendered.

Only seven points off the play offs.......