• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Wrexham (0) v Rovers (1)

Match result

• Wrexham

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wrexham (0) v Rovers (1)
Posted by Ian
Racecourse Stadium
Saturday, March 16, 2024 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, March 16, 2024 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Aldo
If Norris stays fit, he will get quite a few. Then you have Dennis and Saunders to compliment him each with their own strengths and like Boz says, if we can chip in with goals from midfield too it isn't looking too bad. I think the days of signing 20+ goals machines is long gone unless we come into some money.
Without a sugar daddy we may well have to develop our own. Elliot Nevitt is on 16 goals so far for the season , will he make 20+ ?, so maybe that is a talent that we have not utilized. Hopefully Nigel can pick up on the fact that we haven't been bringing the best out of our strikers for a good few years, is there something we could be doing better behind the scenes. Norris looks great , if we can keep him fit, and Dennis has a decent track record (but he is now 34). Sam Taylor for the future ?

If Norris stays fit I’d like to think he’ll be one of the first we tie down for another season, and maybe two. Hopefully he‘s thinking along similar lines!

Having to adequately replace both him and Apter would be a challenge.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
If Norris stays fit I’d like to think he’ll be one of the first we tie down for another season, and maybe two. Hopefully he‘s thinking along similar lines!

Having to adequately replace both him and Apter would be a challenge.
I think we will definitely offer Norris a new contract, which should be 2 years

Reactions: Ian
Yes I’m sure we’ll offer him something decent, I just hope we get it over the line. I think this was his first move away from the south and, although I remember him saying early in the season that he’d settled in well on the Wirral, there’s always a nagging worry that someone closer to home might turn his head with his contract coming up. I‘d like to think we’re in pole position, but am keeping fingers crossed!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I think we will definitely offer Norris a new contract, which should be 2 years
I think he’ll want to stay but unsure if the club will give him 2 years after he’s hardly played when we only gave him a year after a successful season at Stevenage.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
He said post match that he doesn’t feel he’s given enough back because of all the injuries so hopefully he can stick with it and has something to prove here.
Yes I got the impression he’s a decent fella and as we’ve stuck by him this season he wants to give something back

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Crawley, our opponents on Saturday and one of the favourites for seventh place, are currently drawing with Stockport.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ended 1-1.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Bradford v Notts Co tonight, a chance for both teams to overtake us. Although Bradford got hammered at the weekend by Mansfield, I’d fancy them to win based on County’s current horrendous form.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Bradford v Notts Co tonight, a chance for both teams to overtake us. Although Bradford got hammered at the weekend by Mansfield, I’d fancy them to win based on County’s current horrendous form.
Well I got that completely wrong. 3-0 to County and destroyed them really. Their first win in eight games.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Well I got that completely wrong. 3-0 to County and destroyed them really. Their first win in eight games.
Bradford have lost three home games in a week, 2-0 versus Forest Green, 5-1 against Mansfield and 3-0 last night. They seem to be in freefall.

I wonder who they play at home next.......

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Bradford have lost three home games in a week, 2-0 versus Forest Green, 5-1 against Mansfield and 3-0 last night. They seem to be in freefall.

I wonder who they play at home next.......
Rovers have a tradition of kickstarting other clubs’ seasons. How often have we played an out-of-form side and got beaten? It’s likely Bradford will play it very tight and we will not be able to rely on breakaways. Hopefully, Nigel has the answer.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Haha
Reactions: Boz

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Haha, that’s not gone down well Boz.

• Haha
Reactions: Boz