• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Why is it taking so long?

Player
Morrisey
I hope it is macca! He will assemble a decent squad with a decent number two with him and I think that we will go places. My only worry about macca is that He has learnt some of his trade from brian so he might have some of BL's habbits.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I really hope it isn't Macca. Seriously, I have very bad feelings about that.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
McAteer would have to have an experienced number two. Well he'd at least have to find a number two who "knows his letters", otherwise we'd struggle with simple things like handing in a teamsheet.

Let's all hope that 'double trigger' is not our next boss. Seems a lovely guy, nice but dim, and that's not the ideal description of a manager.

DixieDean

NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
Well he'd at least have to find a number two who "knows his letters", otherwise we'd struggle with simple things like handing in a teamsheet.

:lol:

very good NBDH!

It is quite true though.....

P

Prenton

Just had a quick look on the official website and there is a new article on the new appointment, doesn't say a lot except we should know early next week definately before Friday.

I don't think this has already been posted, sorry if it has.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
No, I dont think its been posted before. I think we are all getting a little fed up with the official site teasing us and feeding us little snippets from time to time, without any actual good news we want to read. Well, at least we know the appointment will be soon. They did also mention a few players that have been scouted and according to this source http://crewe.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=19845 (is vital football a reliable source?) we've already signed someone! I suppose they aint gonna mention any players until they've announced the managed though..

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Interesting news... At least we know we don't have long to wait. Let's just hope they pick the right one. I think this Gavin Ward could be ok for a season or two but obviously isn't a long term solution at the age of 35. Don't know how true this is but apparently Francis Jeffers is one of the players in talks with us. Might be a good bit of business even if he didn't stay with us too long. Also interesting to see Peter Johnson's name in the official statement! Is he going to take more of an interest in us again and put some money in? Might be the only chance we have of getting back into the Championship.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Joe_TRFC said:
Don't know how true this is but apparently Francis Jeffers is one of the players in talks with us. Might be a good bit of business even if he didn't stay with us too long.

FRANNY JEFFERS!!! Ha ha ha! 1. Been sh!te since he left Goodison for the first time. 2. Would still demand a shed load of reddies cos he thinks he's still great. 3. Not another ex-bluenose ffs! #-o

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Martin Allen

I heard that Martin Allen has left Brentford and is believed to be talking to Tranmere. This was on the BBC South East news tonight. I suspect it's as good a rumour as I've heard for a while.

If it's true and we get him, what does everyone think? I think he did a great job at Brentford with limited resources - playoffs plus a good cup run. He's a great motivator with a high public profile - just the opposite of BL. Personally, I'd be delighted to see him at Prenton. If we can attract him, it must mean Lorraine has promised him more cash than he had at Brentford (although that would not be difficult!)

B

Banana Army

I heard that as well. Onn bbc.co.uk i saw an article that he had resigned and i thought to myself would be a dream if we could get him, but hell be off to Derby or Ipswich or summat, then i see hes linked to us........... what a dream that wold be.