• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Very O/T - Everton

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Leicester secure an unlikely point at Newcastle, which at least keeps Everton honest. They have to win on Sunday to guarantee safety.

Given the overblown sense of self-entitlement amongst some Leicester fans, that they scream for the sackings of the men who delivered them a league title, an FA Cup and European football, I won’t shed any tears if they end up back in the second tier.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think Everton have been the most appallingly badly run club in the Premier League in the last decade, and could not have any complaints about relegation. Their supporters are hardly saints either when it comes to castigating managers, or those board members who clearly do have good intentions (Kenwright). They gave similar treatment to Peter Johnson all those years ago.

It is an outside chance, but hopefully they meet their demise on Sunday.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I think Everton have been the most appallingly badly run club in the Premier League in the last decade, and could not have any complaints about relegation. Their supporters are hardly saints either when it comes to castigating managers, or those board members who clearly do have good intentions (Kenwright). They gave similar treatment to Peter Johnson all those years ago.

It is an outside chance, but hopefully they meet their demise on Sunday.
We can only hope RLC but I fear they will once again just about manage to stay out of trouble, partly because as bad as they have been, Leeds and Leicester have been very poor too.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Nearly half time and as it stands Leeds and Everton going down

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, Bournemouth dont look like scoring. Leicester now 2-0 up too.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Awful season just a shame there were three teams just as pathetic.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
C'mon lads, let's show some Decoure..um......better local rivals stay up than the other 3 no counts ;)

Player
Ian Goodison
It is a nothing club with delusional fans they never win anything (28 years ago) they don't get relegated/promoted. One CL game in 35 years and there fans think Everton is a power house of English football.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It is a nothing club with delusional fans they never win anything (28 years ago) they don't get relegated/promoted. One CL game in 35 years and there fans think Everton is a power house of English football.
Just like Man City were 15 years ago or Newcastle in 2020. Then they were bought by Arabs with bottomless pockets and look at them now. It could happen to Everton. Sadly, I think that’s more likely than relegation next season. :(

Player
Ian Goodison
Just like Man City were 15 years ago or Newcastle in 2020. Then they were bought by Arabs with bottomless pockets and look at them now. It could happen to Everton. Sadly, I think that’s more likely than relegation next season. :(
Man City went up and down the leagues, Newcastle have been in the Championship and back and two seasons in the Champions league, a similar team to Everton is Spurs but they have at least won the League cup in the last 15 years.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Arguably a club run by Arabs with bottomless pockets is preferable to one run by Americans as a cash cow, think the Glazers and Hicks/Gillet, though Liverpool’s current owners seem ok.

While it would be interesting to see how either Scouse team coped with dropping out of the Prem, suspect Everton will improve with Dyche being able to bring in his own players and Liverpool are safely top half in a bad season.