• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Useless inept player of the season.

Who has been the most useless inept player / idiot this season?

• McClaren

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Broomes

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Welsh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Curran

• Shuker

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Bain

• Ricketts

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Mahon

• Edds

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Gornell

• Total voters

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
I thought Mahon a poor signing, and expected little.
I rate Barnett at our level at least and think hes not been given a deserved chance.
But I feel let down by Shuker, an experienced and undoubtedly a talented player. He was included at the start of last season as one to watch in our division, true he picked up a bad injury. But after return has given nothing at all to the team. I find that very poor from a player who can deliver when he wants. Of course his injury may have got the better of him but no comment has come out to that effect. So I have to assume that hes fit and as a senior experienced pro I feel entitled to expect him to have played a leading and productive role.
Other players have underperformed I admit but none with the ability of Shuker.
Anyway, on that note I think he should go and it may help our budget position next season.

To be fair I'd like most of the players to go, I just wonder what was all the hipe with Barnett was for, he can't even get into our team

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Jesus Christ, you'd think Shuker and Barnett could select themselves to play every week but have chosen otherwise...

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Criticism lobbied at Shuker and Barnett seems to be that they are both talented players but aren't playing. How many times have you seen Shuker play 90 minutes this season?

I've no criticism of Barnett, I think he should have been playing.

Shuker has been poor no matter how many minutes on the pitch, full game or coming on as sub, useless all the same.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Barnett has been given few chances, I suspect non-football reasons are partly to blame. However his impact has not been great when given a chance. Shuker hasn't had much opportunity either, though did make a difference in the Cup game v Orient. I doubt either will be around next season, so will be interested to see who Bootle Rover selects as his new whipping-boy.