• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Transfer rumours

Player
Jimmy Harvey
I believe Robbo has signed an extension and will be here next season. A lot of people have been saying McChrystal has gone, which seems odd as I thought we had a deal already in place for him?

If Shrewsbury have offered Warner more money it just shows how little we can offer in wages. You almost can see that we are going to be in a very similar state to the last few seasons with an inexperienecd keeper between the sticks and a team made up of kids who have been released or kids on loan.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We have an option of another 12 months on McChrystal's contact which i believe we have taken up but there are rumours other teams are trying to sign him, any team trying to sign him will have to pay a transfer fee.

drwhoman

PLAYERS

Talking about players, the BBC is reporting that Cresswell has turned down a new contract and that a Championship team is after him. I assume we will get some money? Also, amazingly, Bayern have actually made a bid for Jennings. The money would help but as other contributors have alluded we need players in and not out. Since McGurk signed up again it has been very quiet. Even people like Kay and Weir who were meant to have been 'nailed on' at the end of last season still appear to be unsigned. Looks like it will be the old story - the old pros plus a few ok players plus young trialists who we may take a punt on if they show any promise. Could be another difficult season - as we all know you need more than one season to build a successful team and all the chopping and changing is not going to help.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
we have turned down a bid for creswell from a championship club (rumours of ipswich) if he goes we will be entitled to compensation if the clubs cant agree a fee

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Could be another difficult season - as we all know you need more than one season to build a successful team and all the chopping and changing is not going to help.

Moreso than in any other season in recent memory, this (coming) season will see us line-up with many of the same players as last year. Zoum, Kay (?), Goodi, McChrystal/Taylor, Welsh, Labadie, Weir (?), Enoch, McGurk. Then possibly Robbo, Akins. Crunch time comes next summer, when this lot are out of contract.

Cressa will go to Ips.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
If a deal can be done for both then it needs to be done as quickly as possible, according to Parry PJ has said that any money raised will be re-invested into the team. This will be of no benefit if they get the deal done on transfer deadline day.

I do agree there seems to be more goings than comings at the moment.:shock:

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Talking about players, the BBC is reporting that Cresswell has turned down a new contract and that a Championship team is after him. I assume we will get some money? Also, amazingly, Bayern have actually made a bid for Jennings. The money would help but as other contributors have alluded we need players in and not out. Since McGurk signed up again it has been very quiet. Even people like Kay and Weir who were meant to have been 'nailed on' at the end of last season still appear to be unsigned. Looks like it will be the old story - the old pros plus a few ok players plus young trialists who we may take a punt on if they show any promise. Could be another difficult season - as we all know you need more than one season to build a successful team and all the chopping and changing is not going to help.

and the old prors are not getting any younger, and suppose they get injured ....

the end good bye rovers....

thats how the PJ game plays/works out imop!
:oops:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
500k for Jennings rest made up in apps is what I believe has been agreed. I guess it's only a matter of time before Cresswell goes as well. Not fussed if Cresswell goes, we have cover but will be gutted to see Jennings go. He was the one of the few highlights of last season. Inevitable I suppose.

drwhoman

JENNINGS

I find it interesting that a top European club has shown been sufficently keen to make a bid. They must have a wide scouting network but at the same time you wonder why non of the EPL teams have shown any serious interest. Too busy looking overseas for players perhaps? It is rare for a young English player to go to Europe these days unless he is really desperate for a start which Jennings is not. Bayern clearly see something in him.Whether he succeeds or not is another thing but with two EPL teams only five miles away you do wonder what is going on.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Ian, that was the offer that was turned down we are after more upfront i believe

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I find it interesting that a top European club has shown been sufficently keen to make a bid. They must have a wide scouting network but at the same time you wonder why non of the EPL teams have shown any serious interest. Too busy looking overseas for players perhaps? It is rare for a young English player to go to Europe these days unless he is really desperate for a start which Jennings is not. Bayern clearly see something in him.Whether he succeeds or not is another thing but with two EPL teams only five miles away you do wonder what is going on.

They bid for Baines as well, earlier in the season. Clearly someone with links at the club is based on Merseyside.

No change from Johnson

Shame that Warner is off, I know he wanted to stay but we've been substantially trumped in the wages department so I cant blame him. Well done Johnson for sticking with your policy of being determined to let Rovers sail close to the wind, it'll pay off soon with relegation and you can cut the budget even further while lining your own pockets. We know what really matters to you.

Why the suprise at our top division not showing interest in Jennings?

They all seem to want really big athletes who run and run, cover for full backs, play the percentage stuff, stifle opposition and generally work their socks off. Thats ok if you cant play football.

But Jennings can...maybe Bayern want him to run with the ball, frighten defenders with pace and trickery, create chances, score a few himself and even entertain the paying supporters...sounds pretty good to me, I hope he is a big success for them. Meanwhile 90% of the premiereship will strive kick and rush style to hang on to the big boys who have all the money and delude themselves that such lack of ambition is ok as long as they continue to make up the numbers. Such foolishness and an insult to football supporters.

M

Mal

I believe it has been reported many timesthat Kay and weir can't sign until July 1. Players have had a break. there are many available. Assuming the players are being interviewed by a few clubs each, it is obvious that on tranmere's budget that negotiations will be protracted. Nature of the beast. Patience is a virtue. Especially since it maybe expedient to await the Jennings negotiations outcome before committing to anyplayer.

Player
Goodison
We should cancel the Kay deal and get Shay Logan instead - he's a much better player and he's been released. We're also signing Danny Holmes back from TNS as back up full back.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Brentford ? Please tell me we can compete with the likes of them in wages etc !!

Having been at Man City you would think staying up north would suit him.

I suspect Les thinks we're getting Kay on 1st July and Danny Holmes so we don't need him - but I would have signed him up as a forward player

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Les has given an interview with Talk sport discussing the Jenno deal. The deal is apparently around 1.5 million after add ons etc. Not bad business I suppose. The official site says that because of the deal Parry will be given a improved wage bill/transfer kitty.

Lets hope it doesnt go like this:

Les: Hi Mr Chairman Sir, may I say how dashing your looking today?
PJ: What do you want mineon?
Les: I was wondering sir, with the deal going through for Dale and the likelihood that Aaron is also on the move do you think we could have a little more in the wage budget?
PJ: Certainly Les you may sign Ian Thomas Moore back, offer him £100 per week, he will except because he is desperate. Now kiss my hand and leave.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Les: Hi Mr Chairman Sir, may I say how dashing your looking today?
PJ: What do you want mineon?
Les: I was wondering sir, with the deal going through for Dale and the likelihood that Aaron is also on the move do you think we could have a little more in the wage budget?
PJ: Certainly Les you may sign Ian Thomas Moore back, offer him £100 per week, he will except because he is desperate. Now kiss my hand and leave.
Haha, I like it.

I really hope rovers stick to their guns and get as much out of these deals as possible. Now apparently, they are in a position to do that so fair play to them.

I hope the club get more than 1m up front for Jennings and a fair amount for Cresswell too. These are young lads with bright futures. We are a selling club but at least we don't take the first offer that comes to us as they are usually pathetic low offers anyway.

PJ has said money would be available for better players if these deals go through. Still lots of time for transfer activity yet.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
The Cresswell deal will go to a tribunal, out of our hands. I couldn't really see the fee for Jenno escalating to above 600k-ish. You need competition to drive these sort of deals, and Bayern seem to be the only team with a firm interest. That coupled with Jenno's blatant desire to leave, and him having only a year left on his contract, and the comparative size of the two clubs...if we end up with £1.5m plus add-ons i'll be amazed. Really hope so though. That's a lot of money.

Brentford ? Please tell me we can compete with the likes of them in wages etc !!

They probably generate similar revenue, but will spend more on wages.

I believe it has been reported many timesthat Kay and weir can't sign until July 1. Players have had a break. there are many available. Assuming the players are being interviewed by a few clubs each, it is obvious that on tranmere's budget that negotiations will be protracted. Nature of the beast. Patience is a virtue. Especially since it maybe expedient to await the Jennings negotiations outcome before committing to anyplayer.

Being as neither Jenno or Cressa are likely to be high earners, their purgatorial state (it's not really, they will go) shouldn't affect our transfer dealings at all really. Any revenue generated through these transfers is unlikely to be reflected by big short-term improvements to our wage budget.

M

Mal

Not what I understood from what Les, said, Sonkorly. Jennings money would be available for 'better quality' players.