The Squad for 2018/19

Fav Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Bad news about Luke McCullough, as bad as we feared. He is out for the season. Although our squad is full of quality and has strength in depth, he is one of the few players who can't easily be replaced with someone of similar ability, so Micky may have to rethink his playing strategy to give the defence more protection. I wonder if last night's defeat would have happened if Luke had been there to protect Mark and Manny, who apparently had poor games.

Thinking ahead, his contract with Forest runs out at the end of the season. In the last window, I understand he turned down a permanent move, presumably to keep his options open for something better. As things now stand, I expect he may be more inclined to join us, if the offer is repeated, but he will have to make a complete recovery first. Perhaps he now wishes he had accepted the deal on offer.

Sparky

Fav Player
Chris Greenacre
The problem with McCullough is I’m guessing it could be the same injury that has meant he’s hardly played in the 2 years before coming to us. You start wondering if he could be another Ben Tollit in that respect.

When he went down he knew straightaway he had to come off I’m guesssing recognised the signs.

Fav Player
Jason Koumas
The problem with McCullough is I’m guessing it could be the same injury that has meant he’s hardly played in the 2 years before coming to us. You start wondering if he could be another Ben Tollit in that respect.

When he went down he knew straightaway he had to come off I’m guesssing recognised the signs.
Yes, I agree. Hopefully he will get himself fit enough over the summer for us to offer him a deal.

Returning to last night's game, I was more impressed by Lang than any striker I have seen this season, with the exception of Nors. If Norwood leaves, he is the sort of player I think we should be looking at. He is currently at Wigan but might be available in the summer, particularly if they are still in the Championship.

Last edited:

Charlton1975

Fav Player
Jason Koumas
Yes, I agree. Hopefully he will get himself fit enough over the summer for us to offer him a deal.

Returning to last night's game, I was more impressed by Lang than any striker I have seen this season, with the exception of Nors. If Norwood leaves, he is the sort of player I think we should be looking at. He is currently at Wigan but might be available in the summer, particularly if they are still in the Championship.
Agreed, he looked dangerous every time he got the ball, made intelligent runs and had Manny and Ellis and knots when he ran at them.

bigmart

bigmart
Fav Player
Ian Muir
I cant see us offering McCullough a contract as he has had several serious knee injuries and I think it would be too risky

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Fav Player
Aldo
It would be a real shame as he's been excellent for us.

Fav Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think he needs to get fully fit first and then go through pre-season first. If not, he would be a risk for any club.

On a happier note, I hear that Ishmael Miller (remember him?) is back in training and is expected to be available to play before the end of the season. What a boost that would be, particularly for the play-offs.