• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2024-25

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Cameron Harper who we were linked with signs for Carlisle on a 3 year deal.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I'm still a bit baffled of how we are developing players.
With the policy again being experience in the first team and signing youngsters to fill the spaces.
How can they gain experience?
How do we move on inexperienced youngsters, cos we haven't done much of that?
No reserves, just behind doors games.
The odd game.
I don't get it!
If the youngsters in the squad don't get the match experience or match fitness, games under the belt, in the legs, how do we do that to attract the club's to buy?
Or do we sell our first team, if we can?

If you haven't seen, there is a new u15s & u16s youth policy.
The students have to pay to get the coaching.

Is there still a college?
Or a version of it?

I'm still baffled.

Andy Holt gave a brief but interesting little insight into Accy’s squad-building this morning, which I suspect isn’t too dissimilar to how we’ve been going about our business.

I’d expect Solomon would get pro contract offers without having to go on trial. That’s not to say we mightn’t have had some kind of look at him at the Campus.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Josh Davison joins. From what I remember he’s a number 9 type striker. Quite physical but not a great goal scorer from memory

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
60 goals in 220 appearances. Got 8 last season for Wimbledon (4 in the league) but did play out wide. Played under Nigel at Charlton . A two year deal and a decent age at 24

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hopefully Nigel can get the best out of him.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A decent squad signing hopefully. I’d still like some more pace and goals to replace Apter but still time yet

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think it is a decent signing. His goalscoring record is quite good considering he has been played out wide a lot, and I think he is quite quick as well as being strong, so potentially competition for Saunders.

I always thought he was a handful when he played against us in the past.