• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2024-25

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
We’ve been linked with a couple of Marine’s players after their promotion to NLN.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Lol its so quiet after being told they want quality. You know its going to be cheap and easy

ADD

Player
Norwood
Agreed pleased with that. Just hope we end up with others who can play to his strengths... oh and he stays fit!

Last edited:
Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Good news.
It does give us good options, alongside the other players we already have.
A full season fit, so we can get the best out of him.
A midfielder, (A ratter) and a centre back that are quality.
And maybe, Apter?????

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Good news.
It does give us good options, alongside the other players we already have.
A full season fit, so we can get the best out of him.
A midfielder, (A ratter) and a centre back that are quality.
And maybe, Apter?????
Apter sadly is just wishful thinking.

Norris is a good signing and hopefully staying fit will be a big asset for us next season

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
On balance feel this is good news re Norris. Wonder if there is an option to extend, currently nearly all our players out of contract at the end of next season. Think we do need to recruit/loan a similar style player as cover

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Morecambe have lost a ton of players either released or turning down contract offers. The latter include two decent full backs Tutonda and Senior who we should look at if we can afford decent competition for wood and LOC

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Wonder if there is an option to extend, currently nearly all our players out of contract at the end of next season.
The article on the website implies we have a one year option. That has been the case with a number of the 'better' players we have signed in the last couple of years.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
The article on the website implies we have a one year option. That has been the case with a number of the 'better' players we have signed in the last couple of years.
That suggests he had the weaker bargaining hand, which isn't too surprising as he had to settle for us 12 months ago and his stock hasn't risen. We have lost no one, kept LOC which was a pleasant surprise so logic dictates we should get better as no downside.
I would not be surprised if Dennis was mutually moved on, his wages would surely be better used as he is a square peg. Merrie and Saunders to a lesser extent underwhelm me, although if Bradford think Byrne is an answer they won't be asking us many questions. Wouldn't be shocked if Hendry got bought and that would be bad. Taylor was the brightness in utter gloom will really question my sanity if he doesn't make a resurgence.
Finally you couldn't pick a weaker division on paper? Ten to come, intriguing?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
That suggests he had the weaker bargaining hand, which isn't too surprising as he had to settle for us 12 months ago and his stock hasn't risen. We have lost no one, kept LOC which was a pleasant surprise so logic dictates we should get better as no downside.
I would not be surprised if Dennis was mutually moved on, his wages would surely be better used as he is a square peg. Merrie and Saunders to a lesser extent underwhelm me, although if Bradford think Byrne is an answer they won't be asking us many questions. Wouldn't be shocked if Hendry got bought and that would be bad. Taylor was the brightness in utter gloom will really question my sanity if he doesn't make a resurgence.
Finally you couldn't pick a weaker division on paper? Ten to come, intriguing?
Quite agree, DB. It is still only May and it is already a good summer transfer window! I can’t remember the last time we lost no one we wanted to keep. Except for our favourite loanee, of course.

It bodes well for next season, because we have the bulk of last year’s squad signed up and they all seem to want to play for Nigel - although I expect Dennis and Hawkes may move on.

I don’t expect many more signings until the end of next month. Players get paid until then and will wait as long as possible to get the best deals.

Might well turn out to be irrelevant to us but a local journo is reporting that Southport midfielder Tyler Walton is about to sign a two year deal at a L2 club.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Might well turn out to be irrelevant to us but a local journo is reporting that Southport midfielder Tyler Walton is about to sign a two year deal at a L2 club.
Seems highly rated by the sandgrounders fans although league two a step up. We’ve had a few duds from non league like Darren Stephenson and Louis Almond but there are good players out there. Newport signed Will Evans from Bala Town whose had a great season

A two year deal suggests to me it’s more likely to be someone like Accy than us. One to keep an eye on though.

I’ve mentioned him a while ago but Sol Solomon at Marine is someone who I still reckon could make the step up into the pro game. He’d command a fee though.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A two year deal suggests to me it’s more likely to be someone like Accy than us. One to keep an eye on though.

I’ve mentioned him a while ago but Sol Solomon at Marine is someone who I still reckon could make the step up into the pro game. He’d command a fee though.
He does indeed join Accrington.

Have also heard good things about Solomon at Marine. One thing we need more of is pace and he has that

Barrow also sign a local player bringing in Chester’s keeper

Last edited:

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
On balance feel this is good news re Norris. Wonder if there is an option to extend, currently nearly all our players out of contract at the end of next season. Think we do need to recruit/loan a similar style player as cover
The problem with this is that we would end up with a Dieseruvwe/Mumbongo level of player. I'd rather switch Jennings or change formation.