• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2024-25

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Sorry to see Yarney go. Nigel must have something decent lined up, given he can't possibly rate the CBs from Saturday.....I hope!
I think with Yarney it wouldn’t have surprised me if we’d given him a year as back up but Joe may want first team football. Plus maybe we can save his wage and have one of the young lads as CB back up although it is a risk as Davies does pick up injuries and isn’t getting any younger

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
We need at least 4 CBs with some versatility within them (JT can play left back) and somebody else who can play there if absolutely desperate (possibly Walker). The fact that we finished the season with our 4th and 5th choice CBs pretty much confirms that.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Yes theyy
We need at least 4 CBs with some versatility within them (JT can play left back) and somebody else who can play there if absolutely desperate (possibly Walker). The fact that we finished the season with our 4th and 5th choice CBs pretty much confirms that.
Yes they need to be able to cover the full back places like wise we need a hard kicker in the centre of the park its going to be interesting over the next month or so

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Already being linked with scouser Sam Finlay. Released by Bristol rovers he’s been captain there recently and is 31. A tough tackling centre midfielder he’d be a decent signing. May end up back at Accy and I think challinor had him at fylde but could be useful.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Already being linked with scouser Sam Finlay. Released by Bristol rovers he’s been captain there recently and is 31. A tough tackling centre midfielder he’d be a decent signing. May end up back at Accy and I think challinor had him at fylde but could be useful.
He might be good cover for Walker, although I was assuming Merrie was lined up for that role. With only 25 players including 3 goalies, we can only afford two players in most positions.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would think we would unlikely be able to sign him due to being out of our price range

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Re Sam Finlay, assuming we could afford him, he might end up as our number one holding player. There is the option to play Brad Walker at centre-back, where he featured during Port Vale’s promotion season.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
I would think we would unlikely be able to sign him due to being out of our price range
Depends on the market really if a Div 1 offer he is, if not he probably is a viable option. Shouldn't be too many spenders in this div next time

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Can't believe matt stevens is only 26 thought he was older even more surprised they have let him go not a bad player if you can keep him fit