• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

Player
aldo
the longer it goes on more chance he will go somewhere else just pay the god dame wage and get it done

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Another day goes by and no further signings. Jolley and Burton start at Caernarfon tonight and there's a trialist involved
On the positive side, could suggest another striker will arrive tomorrow if neither Burton or Jolley are involved against Sunderland ?

ADD

Player
Norwood
Another day goes by and no further signings. Jolley and Burton start at Caernarfon tonight and there's a trialist involved
Jolley we paid money for! seems to have been an error - must have thought he was closer than he was.
Burton however I have no idea why he was given a new second year contract given MM clearly does not rate him - having played 18 minutes pre season so far. Yes I know he won't be on much but surely better to let him go so he can join a non League side where he would likely be far better off being able to work and play football. Feel sorry for him TBH as the untried Nevitt has pushed him even further down the pecking order.

Player
Manager
John King
It is possible, or even probable, that Dawes and Parky made the contract decisions on the youth players and Mellon does not fancy Burton having seen him in training.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
On the positive side, could suggest another striker will arrive tomorrow if neither Burton or Jolley are involved against Sunderland ?
I would hope so. There's a trialist in the team tonight would think it's not Duffy but another youngster.

Player
Manager
John King
I would hope so. There's a trialist in the team tonight would think it's not Duffy but another youngster.
The communication from the club has been weird all summer, with the youth contracts announced weeks after they were presumably agreed, and the Nevitt signing made public long after it was common knowledge he was joining.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The communication from the club has been weird all summer, with the youth contracts announced weeks after they were presumably agreed, and the Nevitt signing made public long after it was common knowledge he was joining.
It does seem strange the way things have been handled this off season. I know some staff have been on part time furlough but that's ended now for the club.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
McNulty has now been linked with Motherwell but hopefully he wants to come back down to England.

Re Burton none of us have probably seen that much of him but from the little I’ve seen (and perhaps it’s unfair), but he doesn’t seem good enough. You have to trust the managers and if he’s not involved much then he mustn’t be impressing enough, whoever the manager is

Player
Manager
John King
McNulty has now been linked with Motherwell but hopefully he wants to come back down to England.

Re Burton none of us have probably seen that much of him but from the little I’ve seen (and perhaps it’s unfair), but he doesn’t seem good enough. You have to trust the managers and if he’s not involved much then he mustn’t be impressing enough, whoever the manager is
I think the Motherwell link was just started by a Tranmere fan being provocative on Twitter. I don't think there is anything in it, although that does not necessarily mean he will sign for us.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Hopefully he will sign RLC although Motherwell may have some cash to splash after the 3 year contract to Woolery

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I’m not sure communication has been that bad. A lot of the transfer stuff is speculation and rumours from people presumably in the know but we are looking for news when there may not be any.

Player
Manager
John King
I’m not sure communication has been that bad. A lot of the transfer stuff is speculation and rumours from people presumably in the know but we are looking for news when there may not be any.
I agree up to a point, but the delay in some of the contract announcements, in some cases long after the players themselves had Tweeted that they were staying, has been strange.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's all feeling a bit downbeat at present. If McNulty's another one to slip through our fingers, then what? I'd hoped that with Micky resuming the helm almost as soon as the season ended, coupled with an improvement in things with the easing of covid restrictions, that we'd have most of our ducks lined up by now, instead it looks like another outing for lastminute.com

The hammering for the youngsters doesn't bode well either. While I didn't expect any of them to feature much, Burton does have some pace and it's disappointing he hasn't been given any significant game time in pre-season.

On communication it's been pretty limited, we get dribs and drabs and yet to be convinced there's any good reason for our lack of a released and retained list. Meanwhile when things aren't great in terms of contact with the supporters it doesn't feel like a great idea to introduce a subscription you tube channel; not something I'll be parting with my pennies for.

Player
Manager
John King
I think the squad is strong in all areas other than centre forward, which is admittedly the most crucial position on the pitch. I don't feel downhearted with the overall recruitment, but it does feel vital that we bring in a striker of decent quality.

I agree about the YouTube channel. I already pay full whack for the Ifollow service and I think all content should be available on there.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think the squad is strong in all areas other than centre forward, which is admittedly the most crucial position on the pitch. I don't feel downhearted with the overall recruitment, but it does feel vital that we bring in a striker of decent quality.
I agree and I'm sure we will bring one in but it's not an easy task. We still have time.

I have no issue with the youtube channel. I won't be subscribing myself as I don't see the appeal but it is just another income stream and another idea to bring some pennies in, it is a business after all. iFollow is perfect for me as it allows me to watch the games I cannot get too.

Player
Manager
John King
I have no issue with the club developing another income stream. I just hope they don't start moving content on to You Tube that was previously available on Ifollow.