• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

Player
Jonny Morrisey
I would take Nors over the other 2 any day of the week, but maybe thats me viewing it out of Rose tinted glasses given the past!! Saying that, its unlikely that he'll come back anyway I'd have thought!

drwhoman

If we are struggling to pay a percentage of McNulty's wages, it is difficult to see how we could afford Norwood's.
I suppose we just have to see. Reading obviously want him out, as he is training with the under 23s, with as little ongoing expense as possible. His track record suggests that he will be on a fair amount.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Would agree McNulty appears the better player on the stats, but even if we get him on loan, there's nothing to stop him being recalled and loaned or sold elsewhere in January, putting us back to square one. I actually think it would be better to get an out of contract player like Vassell, who we know we'll have for the whole season.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Would agree McNulty appears the better player on the stats, but even if we get him on loan, there's nothing to stop him being recalled and loaned or sold elsewhere in January, putting us back to square one. I actually think it would be better to get an out of contract player like Vassell, who we know we'll have for the whole season.
I think that is unlikely in the case of McNulty. Reading want rid completely and if he came here and did well it is likely he would want to stay, given his relationship with Mellon. I still believe many loan deals do not permit the parent club to recall the player mid-season.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Just saw a couple of pics of Vassell. Not sure if it's his kit, but he looks about 8ft tall - big unit. In reality only 6ft.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think that is unlikely in the case of McNulty. Reading want rid completely and if he came here and did well it is likely he would want to stay, given his relationship with Mellon. I still believe many loan deals do not permit the parent club to recall the player mid-season.
I don't know the full picture about what's going on at Reading, but if they are in financial difficulties, then I can't see that they'd be prevented from selling an asset, or if another club was offering to play more of his wages, recalling and loaning him out there in the window. Neither do I claim any knowledge of McNulty's special relationship with MM, but would expect him to go where suits him geographically and he gets paid the most.

Player
Manager
John King
I don't know the full picture about what's going on at Reading, but if they are in financial difficulties, then I can't see that they'd be prevented from selling an asset, or if another club was offering to play more of his wages, recalling and loaning him out there in the window. Neither do I claim any knowledge of McNulty's special relationship with MM, but would expect him to go where suits him geographically and he gets paid the most.
My point was that season long loans are often only agreed if the parent club accepts that the player will not be recalled and that is written into the loan agreement. Otherwise, it is a six month loan, not a season long loan. Hence, if Reading let McNulty come here, they may have no option but to let him stay here for the full season.

Of course, they could sell him to somebody else tomorrow, but I was starting from the premise that they were agreeing to let him come here on a season long loan.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Micky saying post match we still need more bodies in. Maguire and Morris should be ok for 7th August but McDonald not available yet.

Player
Manager
John King
Micky saying post match we still need more bodies in. Maguire and Morris should be ok for 7th August but McDonald not available yet.
He said we have missed out on targets and have to live within our means financially. It does not sound like McNulty or any similar striker is arriving soon, but hopefully that is not the case.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
You would hope that a top 6 budget allows us to bring a few more in. I don’t think it helps that expectations have been raised, would have perhaps been better to dampen down some of the talk from the outset.

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
I don't think either players stat's are very good, goal return of 1 goal in 4 games not really great or is that just me