• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2021-22

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
With Ridehalgh, if he’s offered a better deal elsewhere then should take it with our blessings. I’d like to keep him as a squad player, but he’s not going to be a guaranteed starter so no point in breaking the bank to keep him.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
With Ridehalgh, if he’s offered a better deal elsewhere then should take it with our blessings. I’d like to keep him as a squad player, but he’s not going to be a guaranteed starter so no point in breaking the bank to keep him.
Agreed, the forward players will be the key for us and we're a fair size the budget will go

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Suggestions elsewhere that there will be at least 2 signings next week (one may be Burton as mentioned above I assume) and one of whom MM managed at Shrewsbury. Rides also supposedly has been offered a new contract but will be going elsewhere unless we improve as he has another offer on much higher money...
Could be a very interesting week next week - let's hope!
The 2 signings don't include Burton

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ryan Watson Northampton midfielder signs for Rovers. Wasn’t expecting any Saturday signings!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Seems a good signing on paper at least/ box to box midfielder. Local lad, 27 and for 8 goals from midfield last year in league one

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
He turned down offer from Northampton and other clubs were interested in him, this is a very good signing.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Good signing. He provides goals from midfield, in his prime at 27 and a two year deal as well.

Northampton's player of the year in League One last season.

Last edited:
Player
aldo
27 don,t wish his life away LOL at last we have someone who scores from midfield and with morris too would be good to see some front players coming in soon. but have to agree with the above quality player

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Scored all types of goals last season. Headers from corners, free kicks and edge of the box stuff. Quite excited by this signing. Just need a striker now!

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
He turned down offer from Northampton and other clubs were interested in him, this is a very good signing.
I had a feeling when Lewis went to Northampton and he was "free " that we would at least take a look. There were doubts about whether our money would be enough to tempt him. Glad we've dug deep for this one. Probably counts as a marquee signing I think.

Player
aldo
i also like the fact Watson supported rovers as a kid and his whole family support rovers now must be made up to be joining his club if that don,t fire you up nothing will I would make him Captain with Scotty out

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'd expect Clarke to stay as stand-in captain

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A bit gutted about rides to be honest. He may have wanted first team football at his age and maybe Micky couldn’t guarantee it. Hope he gets a decent contract somewhere