• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Steve Davies to Leeds?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If he continues to make that kind of impression on a game then I will certainly find it easier to understand the fuss.

It's easy to jump on someone's back after today's showing, but to be fair to those that dont rate him, they've had 2 seasons worth of opinion. And I think if we're all honest, would find it hard to argue with.

But.. all credit to Davies this season. We must all be able to see what an impact he's had so far this season and let's hope he keeps that up. It's also about time we had someone else chipping in with a few goals, so that's pleasant to see.

Player
Goodison
he could be a half decent player if he could learn to cross the ball and learn how to defend.

We will know by Janauary whether he is up to it or not. Gavin Ward started the season well, but look what happened to him!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Everyone is entitled to say what they like, I mean moaning about players is mostly what we do! That is what makes discussion boards interesting. In the past I've said things along the lines of Davies is too lightweight, lacks confidence, doesn't do quite enough defensive work etc. etc.

But that was in past seasons, this is now. He was a skinny 17 year old with a hint of talent but with not enough strength and little experience. Now Davies is 19 (20 in december) has bulked up, gained in experience and most of all in confidence - he's turned into a real football player. This season he's been the best player on the pitch on either team a couple of times.

All I can say to roverstillidie is that you must have been watching different games than me this season, while Davies has always been able to hit a ball sweetly the things that have stood out so far this season as new to his game are his willingness to track back and win the ball, and that he now wins physical battles instead of being pushed off. With Shukes on one side and Davies on the other it's my belief we are the most threatening team in the division going forward.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Everyone is entitled to say what they like, I mean moaning about players is mostly what we do! That is what makes discussion boards interesting. In the past I've said things along the lines of Davies is too lightweight, lacks confidence, doesn't do quite enough defensive work etc. etc.

But that was in past seasons, this is now. He was a skinny 17 year old with a hint of talent but with not enough strength and little experience. Now Davies is 19 (20 in december) has bulked up, gained in experience and most of all in confidence - he's turned into a real football player. This season he's been the best player on the pitch on either team a couple of times.

All I can say to roverstillidie is that you must have been watching different games than me this season, while Davies has always been able to hit a ball sweetly the things that have stood out so far this season as new to his game are his willingness to track back and win the ball, and that he now wins physical battles instead of being pushed off. With Shukes on one side and Davies on the other it's my belief we are the most threatening team in the division going forward.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Davo is jus 19, and now with a run of games under his belt is starting to fulfil his potential. He's not the real deal yet, but has enough attributes to say he might well become one. As for now, he's doing more than well enough for me in our team, and contributing in goals too. I don't think anyone can complain with his contribution so far this season.