• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Spireites v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
After last weekends woes at Oldham, how will Les set up the side for our trip to Chesterfield. Is anyone expecting major tactical changes, or is it more likely that we'll set up to try and get a point?

We lost 4-3 here in the JPT earlier in the season, in a game where it sounded like Rovers were on top in the first half, before falling away in the second. Though what price 3 goals from our current goal-shy side? Currently bottom Chesterfield are coming off a home thrashing from Charlton, a side who Rovers recently held at home, so that might be a glimmer of hope for us. However we played Oldham on the back of a similar thrashing, so maybe not.

I don't expect many changes; Robinson for Weir and perhaps Enoch for Brunt, although I wouldn't welcome the latter.

Prediction: We need something, preferably a win from this one. Can't see that, but a draw is possible, however it won't be pretty.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I would love to think that seeing as Chesterfield got tonked last night, Les would adopt a very attacking tactical approach from kick off to try and get an early goal and see their heads drop.

Can't see it tho. Expect the usual 4-5-1 with brunt starting but Enoch ready to come on. Reckon robbo will start.

Our Bad run has been terrible but surely losing at Chesterfield could be the final straw.....

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It will be the same team with the same old predicatable system and predictable use of subs.

Can see a draw at best but think will lose 1 0

DIW

Player
Goodison
You know what, I've been pretty negative about Les for all the same reasons as anyone else, but I just have a sneaky feeling we might get a 1 nil win here. Not sure why, as in previously games I have been predicting losses.

If we lose though it will be all down to the negative away support.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
We will lose, at least 1-0,:wink:, and it will be everyone's fault bar the "manager's"...

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
From the comments already made by Les, I wouldn't expect any major tactical changes for Saturday. Hopefully Brunt will be played ahead of Enoch, although it would be interesting to see Robinson given a decent run out.

Chesterfield were pretty awful when we played there in the JPT (shows how bad we were that night) and as has been commented were thrashed on Tuesday by a side that we held fairly comfortably. The game is there to be won if we approach it with a decent attitude, and I think we might actually edge it by the odd goal.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We'll win. 2-1.
No, 2-0 to us. If they score, they'll win. If we can get 2 goals ahead, we'll relax and win.

Seriously, these odd goal defeats won't continue. It'll go one of two ways. Either we start winning again or confidence will evaporate and we start to get tonked. I'm staying optimistic.

drwhoman

CHESTERFIELD

Well I suppose we just have to see how we go but I must confess to not feeling confident. I have lost faith in the current management team. Heads in the sand and a refusal to at least try a few things. I may have missed it on this site but I see that Tirayaki has been sent out on loan to Cambridge for a month. Curtains for him obviously. So we are left with the promising but highly inexperienced Brunt and Enoch whose fitness, quite apart from his current ability to score goals, is highly questionable. Sigh...... B... boring quite apart from anything else. Who would be a football supporter!!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Have to agree that I'm puzzled about the Tiryaki loan out, when we have 2 games a week the remainder of the month. It's only a month ago he was linked to a top flight Turkish club as Sparky mentioned. Even if Enoch is back to full fitness, he hasn't shown any signs of getting back to his best and Brunt has potential, but even less L1 experience than Mustafa. Akins and McGurk can play up front, but probably won't, while I assume Cole is still on his work experience. Doesn't augur well for a more attacking approach.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The Tiryaki move makes sense. If Les doesn't feel he can play him, he is better off playing at a lower level where he can regain his confidence. When Brunt's loan ends, he could return as a better player. If the injury hoodoo returns, I presume we can recall him at short notice. Oh, and I presume we will get some income from the move.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
We will win and Parry will be off the hook

Looking forward to ticking another ground off the list though

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I'm not entirely comfortable with the principle of loaning out one of our own players so that we can have a short-term loanee for a few more games. Think it's bad man-management and sends out quite an awful message to Muz long-term.

Not even gonna lie I hope we ****ing lose and Parry goes and I was going to go on Sat but he was such a tit after Oldham that I can't really be arsed at the minute.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Sonkorly, even if we lose tomorrow i think we are stuck with les till the end of the season at least.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm not entirely comfortable with the principle of loaning out one of our own players so that we can have a short-term loanee for a few more games. Think it's bad man-management and sends out quite an awful message to Muz long-term.

Not even gonna lie I hope we ****ing lose and Parry goes and I was going to go on Sat but he was such a tit after Oldham that I can't really be arsed at the minute.

Agree with you about the handling of Tiryaki [might have been less bothered if Enoch had been loaned to Cambridge to regain fitness:-k]

Sorry that Parry's made you feel like that, but reckon bigmart is right and Les won't be budged until at least the end of the season.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
We will win and Parry will be off the hook

Even if we win why will Parry be off the hook?

The majority who boo'd him last week will instead sing les parry barms army repeatadly.

The happy clappers will have their view that he's a club hero reaffirmed and PJ will think he's working miracles.

Thus he will be forgiven by those wearing rose tinted spectacles.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think Tiryaki's number is up. Also, Les is staying put. We have to accept it and just hope we stay up.
1-1 tomorrow.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Agree with you about the handling of Tiryaki [might have been less bothered if Enoch had been loaned to Cambridge to regain fitness:-k]

Sorry that Parry's made you feel like that, but reckon bigmart is right and Les won't be budged until at least the end of the season.

Well if it were honestly to be with a view to regaining fitness then sure, but don't like loaning out "one of our own" for some kid from Stoke who has no association with the club.

I'm just about done with watching us to play dross football away from home. It's just really expensive and time consuming and predictable. We will inevitably not be very good, the fans will get wound up, players will potter around as normal giving 85%, it just isn't much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.