• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Salford v Rovers

Match result

• Salford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Salford v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Peninsula Stadium
Saturday, October 10, 2020 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, October 10, 2020 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Doesn't make any sense. A tad over cautious playing the game? Maybe we have no trust and faith in the EFL. Couldn't imagine why..
Warrants some more explanation, I think.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
To be fair to Rovers, they are trying to make something happen in this half but there is just no attacking threat.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh, great strike from Morris. 2-1. 5 mins to go.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
200.gif

2-2!!!!!!!!!! Paul Lewis. Get in. More than deserved.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Amazing character after being 2-0 down at the break

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Derek Jones saying it would be "a well deserved point"

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Excellent result all things considered. Well done boys!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Superb really and Salford weren't anything special either.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
What a fantastic effort by players and manager.

In the first half I thought we actually matched Salford and played some decent football, but the lack of organisation at the back cost us, with both full backs missing. However, again you have to give Jackson credit for making an early tactical switch. Burton had played well and it was harsh for him to go off, but by switching Kahn to our left wing we gave Manny more protection and stemmed the flow of attacks down that side of the pitch.

In the second half we dominated possession, but only really started to create clear chances in the last fifteen minutes. However, the character of the players was fantastic and we should really have won the game, as Ellis also missed a free header from six yards in the closing stages.

Individually, I thought Clarke and Spearing were solid, and Lewis had a great second half getting up in support of Woolery. However, I thought Morris was man of the match. He scored a brilliant goal from twenty five yards to begin the comeback and was involved in all of our best play.

This performance and result really has to give us belief, whatever the EFL try and throw at us.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Apparently 2 players tested positive and others isolating.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
That was a truly amazing result in the context of the playing staff available and how we started. However there has to be some sensible approach to the situation by the football authorities, we’re in a pandemic ffs.

Player
ian goodison
looked at the line-up and thought either a battering OR you never know, anyway a fantastic effort by all who played really has made my day well done to all

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It will be fascinating to hear weaselly Rick Party’s explanation for forcing us to play, if he can be bothered.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Outstanding....maybe not in terms of the football played, although we weren't that bad particularly in the first half, ...but in terms of character, passion and belief. I have no doubt if we had been able to field our strongest side we would certainly have won that game. However, I would take nothing away from the players who turned up today to wear that shirt with pride.....whatever life (or the EFL) throws at us we are Tranmere Rovers, we don't give in, we fight to the end...we are the Super White Army.