• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Wimbledon

Match result

• Rovers

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AFC Wimbledon

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Wimbledon
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, April 20, 2024 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, April 20, 2024 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Final home game of the season and probably the last chance for the Prenton Park faithful to see Rob Apter in a Rovers shirt. Plus a few others who've either not been offered or will decline new contracts.

Wimbledon still have a slim chance of making the play-offs, so you'd expect them to come out strongly. Hattrick hero from the reverse fixture Al-Hamadi has moved on to Ipswich and there are quite a few names in the current side that seem unfamiliar. In 2 of the last 3 games against the Dons we've finished with ten men, Simeu in the last home gone and Turnbull this season didn't last the game. Better discipline required.

I haven't heard the latest on injuries, expecting there will still be a number of absentees from our strongest line-up. While we need to finish the season strongly to fire up the supporters for next season think the visitors will want it more.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Hopefully we can end our home campaign with a win, especially with early bird discounts on season tickets ending in a few days.
As Boz says there are likely to be some players missing and whether any of the centre backs are back might mean another game for the Belohuan / Hockenhull partnership.

Hopefully Apter can sign off with a goal. Would be good for Jennings to score as he hasn’t for a number of games. I’m still not a fan of Connor and Luke Norris as a front two and could it also be the last PP appearance for the latter? Same with his namesake James of course.

The Dons have an outside chance of the playoffs but hopefully that makes for an entertaining game if they go for it and leave us space to exploit.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Hopefully we can end our home games with a win, going for a home win 2 1.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
6-0 and saunders scoring 3 own goals probably the only way he will score. Lol 2-0 with a Robbie Apter master show

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
I don't think Nigel has worked out an effective way of playing with Luke up front. It was needs must when he was injured and Nigel embedded an effective counter attacking style that also looked good defensively. Albeit i know Luke sorted from a breakaway versus Wrexham.
As Sparky says Jenno and L. Norris don't inspire me as a front two. For now I'd prefer Harvey and Connor, with somebody more creative outside eg Morris.... as long as he tracks back. If Wood is fit we could try young Norris at L.Mid. He is good on the ball and does have some defensive inclinations. Having said that, he's no L.B.
2-2 Saunders and Hendry.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
So I think this will be an experimental game for Adkins as there are quite a few out and it will give opportunities for others. Having said that, the hosts have more to gain and I’ll think they’ll win against a weaker Rovers side.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Walker and Turnbull had their ops and out for the rest of the season, Wood also out. The rest of the injured players seem to have resumed training in some form, but excepting Morris with his broken nose, didn’t sound like any will start. No mention by Nigel of Luke Norris’ fitness after he went off with an injury at Newport

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah. I’m assuming Norris is OK. Hopefully it was just a knock.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Unchanged xi. Slightly surprised as thought Nigel might experiment a bit.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Former Pompey player Ronan Curtis an excellent player at this level and has an eye for a goal

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Good finish from Saunders makes it 1-0.

Great reception for rover the dog too

Reactions: Boz

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good value for the lead. Wimbledon been very average.

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Rovers playing well. Given Wimbledon still had an outside chance of the play-offs a bit surprised how low key they’ve been first half, maybe the freak injury to their no 17 has unsettled them. Luke Norris not on the score-sheet but having a good game.

Reactions: Ian

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Saunders did well with right foot shot and goal, see if he keeps it up tends to slip back into wrong technique.
Much ado ,,.......

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Luke Norris gives the ball away and the dons punish us. 2-1

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
The visitors have a man sent off for a bad tackle

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Luke Norris gives the ball away and the dons punish us. 2-1
Presume you are only.listening. hockenhall wandered around the offside line doing nothing. Would struggle in Sunday prem him. Norris lost it 60 yd away

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Presume you are only.listening. hockenhall wandered around the offside line doing nothing. Would struggle in Sunday prem him. Norris lost it 60 yd away
No I’m at the game as I have been all season. Norris has to defend from the front and hockenhull has played two games of professional football