• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Rochdale

Rovers v Rochdale
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, August 3, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, August 3, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Going briefly off topic, I have just heard a great programme on Radio Merseyside where Peter Bishop, Derek Jones and Andy Doyle picked their all-time Rovers elevens. It will be on the BBC Sounds player for anyone that is interested (tonight's Sports programme at 6pm).

Player
Manager
John King
Jake Caprice is out for up to six weeks with an ankle injury and Woods is also set to miss out on Saturday. I would guess either Ray or Nelson will fill in at right back.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Nelson filled in during the Walsall friendly, presume he'll do so again.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Sid was really solid in the right back berth against Walsall and will most likely play there again on Saturday.
Think RLC is right in suggesting that Micky will put out a 4-4-1-1:

Nelson, Ray, Monthe, Ridehalgh
Perkins, Banks, Potter, Morris
Jennings
Ferrier

However, given our abundance of manpower upfront now, Micky might be tempted to play a 4-4-2, at least for the first few home games. On Saturday, we might see Connor drop back into midfield with Banks on the bench with Mullin playing alongside Ferrier:

Nelson, Ray, Monthe, Ridehalgh
Morris, Perkins, Potter, Jennings
Ferrier, Mullin

Either way, 2-0 for the Rovers with a slightly smaller crowd than hoped for at 6,500 due to the summer hols...

Player
ian goodison
I don,t see micky as the gung-ho type and expect him to keep it tight for a few games until we find our feet and go with 4-5-1 still he may surprise us all, ferrier signing has created a buzz that,s for sure

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Add much as I like seeing two forwards, I agree with @keep the faith . I think we'll line up as we have been doing in friendlies and pack the midfield using 451.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Wonder if Rushian Hepburn-Murphy coming will change formation plans?

Player
Manager
John King
I really have not got a clue what the team will be tomorrow now, with so many possible permutations up front. Perhaps some kind of front three ?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think because of Hepburn-Murphy's late arrival, it would be unlikely he'd start tomorrow.

Player
aldo
with 6900 pre sales and could be another 1500 on top could be 8k witch would be good . lets hope we see some of the new players and they put a good show on still think we will have mullin and ferrier up top realy hope they do em selves justice .

Player
aldo
regarding Payne and the coventry lad think they will be used in the cup games just get a feeling that Payne is not gonna play to much

Player
Manager
John King
Surprising line up ! Ponticelli starts in what looks like a 4411 with Jennings just behind him. CBT also plays.

Player
Manager
John King
Correction, it is a 352 with Ridehalgh and CBT as wingbacks by the look of it. Payne does not make the bench.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Been corrected RLC. Payne starting. CBT injured....

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Second correction. CBT is injured so looks like Payne and Ponticelli up front with Ferrier and Rushian on the bench. Very surprised, given my comments yesterday, but they must have been hot in training this week.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Very strange line-up with Ponticelli starting ahead of Mullin. Can see why the new arrivals might not start. Woods fit enough for the bench...

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not sure what Mullin has to do to get a game. Few sniffs that half but we need to do more second half to take anything from the game.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Double sub with the new boys replacing Payne and Ponticelli. Sounded like Payne doing ok so a bit of a surprise he’s off.