• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Port Vale

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Port Vale

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Port Vale
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Swindon 3 up so have won, that's 3 straight wins for them, could do with Scunthorpe scoring

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
I have not seen people queueing to take drugs in the toilets in the Johnny King Stand, which is what you referenced earlier. I know drugs are taken within society, but that was not what you were referring to.

It is a different culture at most lower division grounds, with more of a family atmosphere than a club like Chelsea.
Well if you havent seen it then it cant be happening......

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Even though Northampton jump into second, I thought Scunthorpe have done a very good job keeping it 0-0.
Exeter are going great at the moment and they have three games on us and only three points behind.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Even though Northampton jump into second, I thought Scunthorpe have done a very good job keeping it 0-0.
Exeter are going great at the moment and they have three games on us and only three points behind.
It was a decent set of results in the end, as we remain level on points with Northampton.

Swindon's recent results just demonstrate how quickly short term form can turn around.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, it could have been worse.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Our current form is slowly starting to catch up with us as our hopes of staying in the top 3 looking unlikely especially with Exeter having 3 games in hand. Although the next two games are tough away ones we need to pick something up from them.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
On tonight's results, agree they could have gone a lot worse for Rovers. However, we can't be dependent on favours from other teams and need to start winning again.

Player
Manager
John King
Our current form is slowly starting to catch up with us as our hopes of staying in the top 3 looking unlikely especially with Exeter having 3 games in hand. Although the next two games are tough away ones we need to pick something up from them.
I think it is far too early to say that a top three finish is unlikely. Tonight's results demonstrate that points will be dropped, and that can apply as much to Exeter as Northampton or Port Vale. Bristol Rovers are the form team and play Exeter at home on Saturday.

It is ultimately about what we do. If we win eight or nine of our remaining games, we will go up automatically.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes I agree if our form improves then we’re still capable. As RLC says other teams around us will drop points at times. But we’re still not scoring enough especially away from home and if our current form of 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats in our last 6 continues then it’ll be play offs

Player
Manager
John King
The two sides in the top six or seven that go up automatically with Forest Green will win about 2/3 of their remaining games, if history is a reasonable guide. There is still no reason why we can't be one of those two teams.

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
We beat Swindon 3-0, lose to Walsall 1-0 (also beat FGR) who then lose to Swindon 5-0. Still some crazy stuff to happen before now and the end of the season.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Agreed we can still go up automatically but I suspect we won't sadly as Exeter will definitely finish above us IMO and likely Northampton at least.
My view is that our only chance to do so will be if Glatzel returns sooner than later and stays fit for the remainder. If he is out for a large chunk of the games then I simply don't see us scoring enough goals with whatever combination we play of Nevitt/ Jolley with Hemmings or go to Hemings up front alone. Warrington would thrive off having Glatzel there finding space. Nevitt and Jolley simply can't do so.
Hope I am wrong however.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
While I would certainly like Glatzel back, unsure that his absence need be as fatal to our hopes as ADD suggests, although I share the reservations about our attacking options. However we’ve got the potential for more goals from midfield, but Micky needs to find a way of maximising these. McPake doesn’t seem to have come close to his Harrogate form against us, while Warrington is sometimes too deep for his eye for a killer ball to make as much impact.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Besides Forest Green being champions nothing is close to being decided yet, but we need start winning games quickly if we are to end in the top 3 and at worst guarantee a play off place.

Player
Manager
John King
While I would certainly like Glatzel back, unsure that his absence need be as fatal to our hopes
I agree with this. We won games in December and January largely thanks to goals from Jolley and reached, and stayed, in second place before Hemmings had even arrived. It would obviously be preferable to have Glatzel available, but a combination of Hemmings plus one of the other two strikers still has the potential to provide goals.