• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Harrogate

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Harrogate

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Harrogate
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Friday, March 31, 2023 - 07:45 PM
Until: Friday, March 31, 2023 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
RLC, why do you think Micky’s pragmatic approach didn’t work against the likes of strugglers like Pools & Newport for example, while we were only a fluffed penalty away from dropping points against Crawley?
We had serious injuries and were in a period of poor form. Any team will have peaks and troughs during a season, and any serious assessment has to consider the entire season. We beat Crawley and the Hartlepool performance was ok, save for the usual deficiencies in the eighteen yard box.

It is beyond dispute that Mellon earned enough points over thirty-odd games to secure our place in the division with games to spare. That was achieved with a strong defensive record and a team that was competitive in the majority of matches, including against the better sides in the division.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Could it be, due to financial constraints, the expectation from the fans was too high to expect at least the play offs?
And this season was firstly to stabilise, avoid relegation, and hope for a good enough season to appease the support?
Can we carry on with this present youth policy system?
If so, Are we in danger of relegation, if we don't get it right next season?
And, apparently, I did see Steve McNulty going into the shop. And rumours were abound about Vaughny!!!!
Or was it about Vaughny and continuing his job at the bluenoses, with an eye on the kids?

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
This is beyond dispute. What epitomises the season is a squad of great numbers ended up with vacancies on the bench when the injuries came. My gut feeling is the club will not be able to attract a manager of Mellon's abilities and therefore the next step will be down.
People accuse Palios of not be adventurous enough in throwing money in, which could only be done by debt or spending tomorrow's today.
I suspect reality is quite grim. It was well known the play off final back into the league had a backdrop of empty funds. The Hemmings signing was supposed to get a promotion and this January was not cheap, both seasons petered out badly. Palios states he has bankrolled the current scene over the short term.
Can anyone see the upside? Selling Bristow, Hawkes and O'Connor would make standing still hard, they aren't irreplaceable but with recruitment like it has been you would worry!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Could it be, due to financial constraints, the expectation from the fans was too high to expect at least the play offs?
And this season was firstly to stabilise, avoid relegation, and hope for a good enough season to appease the support?
Can we carry on with this present youth policy system?
If so, Are we in danger of relegation, if we don't get it right next season?
And, apparently, I did see Steve McNulty going into the shop. And rumours were abound about Vaughny!!!!
Or was it about Vaughny and continuing his job at the bluenoses, with an eye on the kids?
I don't think many fans expected at least the play offs but expected us to compete for the play offs rather than totally fade away to lower half of the table.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Surprised and pleased to hear Andy Hogden has rejoined the club.

Re Hockenhull, he got sent off recently so maybe manager is making a point, but he had been a regular starter before that.
I wonder if he's joined just till the end of the season, otherwise we are employing staff before we have appointed a new manager which is not good

Player
Manager
The usual managerial changes under MP has been with the same staff.
I too believe a manager would be more comfortable with his own choices.
Having trust in people you work with in professional sport solves so many isseus.

But I have heard that MP has been impressed with Andy Hodgson.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I notice that the accounts for last season which were due to be submitted yesterday have not been done so will be a fine for thst

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I notice that the accounts for last season which were due to be submitted yesterday have not been done so will be a fine for thst
Disappointing if we’re chucking money away on things like that!

ADD

Player
Norwood
Maybe submitted on time but not been put on the net yet. After all many things relying on govt departments like a passport or driving licence are backlogged big time.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Maybe submitted on time but not been put on the net yet. After all many things relying on govt departments like a passport or driving licence are backlogged big time.
It says on companies House that the accounts are overdue

Player
Manager
Don't know, if I'm right, but isn't there a annual shareholders meeting due?
I've not been notified!
The last one was remote! Should have asked last night!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Don't know, if I'm right, but isn't there a annual shareholders meeting due?
I've not been notified!
The last one was remote! Should have asked last night!
There were a lot of people, myself included, who’d been omitted from the list and didn’t get invites. The SLOs on the other site had a form to complete to ensure you were added and the shareholder list updated

Player
Manager
There were a lot of people, myself included, who’d been omitted from the list and didn’t get invites. The SLOs on the other site had a form to complete to ensure you were added and the shareholder list updated
Looks like I have been as well!
First year I've missed it! Had them since before the turn of the century!
Think I will have to find out, why!!!!!

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I thought it was an entertaining match which could have gone either way; the end to end football of the last 15 minutes was particularly exciting and not something we have been used to seeing recently at PP. Despite the sloppy start there were more good performances than bad and our deficiency in the obvious area was plain to see. Having said that, I think that both Mumbongo and Saunders (in particular) do have something. Harvey's pace is impressive, even over longer distances towards the back end of the game. If only one of them was a natural finisher! I thought Hewelt, Bristow, Davies, Hendry, Hughes and Merrie all had very good games with Turnbull and Cogley both unusually off the pace.

I'm quite looking forward to see what Charlie Austin still has in the tank on Easter Monday and how our defence cope with him. He has probably dropped a level more than he needed to re-join his home town club. Oh to have had that kind of quality up front this season!