• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Harrogate

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Harrogate

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Harrogate
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Friday, March 31, 2023 - 07:45 PM
Until: Friday, March 31, 2023 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
This is my first Friday night game in ages let's hope for the team to play well and with another week with Daws and parky more improvement from recent games a home win and 2 goals to nill

Reactions: Ian

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Saunders to carry on his goalscoring spree!:)

2-0 win for me although in Armstrong and Muldoon Harrogate have decent options up front so we’ll need to be solid at the back

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It seems likely Hemmings will be involved at some stage and it will be interesting to see how he and the revitalised Saunders get on. I thought they looked fairly good together when Harvey first arrived, and could be a reasonable partnership. The only other change to the starting line up I can envisage is O'Connor being preferred to Hughes, although Dawes may want to start with Rhys's creativity at home to struggling opposition.

Harrogate are not safe from relegation but are actually in reasonable form, winning two and drawing two of their last five games. As Sparky says, they have dangerous players up front, particularly Armstrong.

There should be a decent crowd, as for any Friday night game, despite the game being a dead rubber for Rovers.

As we are still benefitting from the post sacking bounce, a victory seems likely.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Also the more he plays this high intense way he will get fitter and better I woulld play the same team. And seewhatgoes

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
I hope Hughes starts tomorrow. Despite being subbed at HT last week I thought he looked good and a run of games could set him up nicely for next season.
Not only did he get subbed at h-t, he also appeared to get booked after the first half ended? Among the Ref's histrionics, we may have missed something

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
I think it could be a high scoring game. 3-2 home win. Mumbongo x 2 and Saunders.

• Wow
Reactions: Ian

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Yep - 0-0 written all over it now.
Just gonna check the odds - though.
Hopefully Dawes will try and buck a few teens and get Mumbongo to be more positive, show spirit and get contact against CBs. Live in hope.
Hemmings may play anyway.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Joe Murphy out injured. Will miss two games, according to Dawes.
That’s a shame. It’s an opportunity for hewlet to redeem himself but against a Harrogate side with decent attacking options it is a concern

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That is a concern.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
We do have the necessary requisites for a emergency loan, as now we are down to Hewelt and a youth goalkeeper who might not be registered with the league, that would mean we do not have a back up if needed.
I think I would like to see an experienced keeper between the sticks, rather than a young loanee!
Pity about Foster going to Wrexham!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think we could only go down the emergency loan pathway for a keeper, believe the time has passed for signing an out of contract player for this season?

Harrogate are just outside the bottom places and although Rochdale look doomed, the race to avoid the second drop spot is much more open. This is another tricky fixture and the weather forecast for tomorrow night doesn't look great either.

Don't know if there are any updates on Hemmings and the other absentees, if he is fit would expect Kane to start even if he doesn't last the full game. There's been some suggestion O'Connor isn't fully fit, while I wasn't totally convinced by Hughes who's back-passing needs working on, especially in the context of an inexperienced keeper, so it will be an interesting decision for the management.

Expecting a few goals, but uncertain who'll get the most!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hemmings is back in the team. Bench warming, I'm not sure..

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
I have been told that hemmings has a if he fit he plays clause witch would explain why he is played all the time if true fk him off we don't need shit like this the person who told me works at the top of the club can't say anything else