• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Eastleigh

M

Mal

Well, if those criticisms were blindingly obvious it was perfectly reasonable for supporters on here (and elsewhere) to make them wasn't it ?

I am not sure you are really in a position to comment on Margetts as none of us knows what went on behind the scenes. But I would agree that the replacements we have brought in over the summer are better than him anyway.

Exactly! None of us knows but plenty of supporters have been blaming GB. Mostly on other forums. Or is Fori) In which case Fori is a jolly good scapegoat.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As I have said previously, it was the way Mangan, Margetts and Sutton fell out of favour in rapid succession that led people to question Brabin's man management skills. In the absence of any other explanation for their fall from grace, it was perfectly reasonable to question GB's handling of the situation. But I am sure the other readers are tired of seeing the same ball being batted back and forth on this point.......

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Anyone else think Steve Jennings is playing much better now he's been given a bit more freedom to move forward?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Anyone else think Steve Jennings is playing much better now he's been given a bit more freedom to move forward?
Yes, definitely. He didn't have the eye for the killer ball further back and tended to get stuck in the midle of the park, often passing back. Maynard fills the defensive midfield role better at this time. Giving Jennings the chance to move up the field and press, has shown him in a more positive light. He anticipated and took the goal well on Saturday.

Two unfortunate bookings apparently, the one v Barrow was undeserved in the context of what the ref let go.

M

Mal

As I have said previously, it was the way Mangan, Margetts and Sutton fell out of favour in rapid succession that led people to question Brabin's man management skills. In the absence of any other explanation for their fall from grace, it was perfectly reasonable to question GB's handling of the situation. But I am sure the other readers are tired of seeing the same ball being batted back and forth on this point.......
True, on the labouring a point, but by the same token, 5 times as many players didn't fall out with him.

Anyway, is anyone on here going to Borehamwood? I am looking forward to it after the away trip to Bromley. slight cloud with temperature around 19 to 20 degrees, so should be good for playing football.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Eastleigh have today parted company with manager Chris Todd. After 4 points from their first 2 games, defeats to us and last night at home to Dover have sealed his fate.

Ironically they signed another player yesterday with league experience. Jason Taylor ex Northampton. No Adam Dawson on the bench for them last night.

A bit harsh perhaps given only 4 games into the season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Very harsh after 4 games. Bit of a farce really.

Player
Manager
John King
I don't think Todd was up to the job, but it is ridiculous that they allowed him to spend a fortune over the summer - and sign two more ex-FL players in the last week - only to sack him after four games. Surely they should have made a change in the close season.

Like FGR, that club is a bit of a circus really.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
As we've seen at Prenton Park, stability is the key. We are currently seeing the benefits of giving the manager a bit more time and not having players coming in and out through a revolving door. I know I am eating the words I said at the end of last season, but I am very happy at the moment.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well well well - Ronnie Moore appointed manager of Eastleigh.

Nice to see him back in the game and I think he'll do well with his no nonsense brand of football. Big expectations though given their budget and squad.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Well well well - Ronnie Moore appointed manager of Eastleigh.

Nice to see him back in the game and I think he'll do well with his no nonsense brand of football. Big expectations though given their budget and squad.
Now, that's a shock. It's the first club he's managed south of Birkenhead and it's 20 years since he last managed in the Conference. But for the first time in his career, he'll have a competitive budget to spend and his knowledge of League Two will help him sign some useful players. I always felt Ronnie never quite achieved his potential as a manager at PP, not aided by some bad luck and two disgraceful sackings by PJ, the second of which projected us closer to our current demise. I hope the Eastleigh fans take to him and give him a bit of time to turn things round. I'm sure we all wish him well, except against Rovers.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Nice to see him back in the game. Hope he does well but not too well.

Player
Manager
John King
Well, I certainly did not see that coming. I have got a lot of time for Ronnie who, as BBTC says, was terribly treated by Johnson.

I think this job is a big test for him. All of his previous successes have come when he was the underdog with a limited budget: his first spell at Rotherham, his two spells at Rovers and the escape act at Hartlepool. When he had a decent budget second time around at Rotherham, he was sacked after a couple of years.

I don't like Eastleigh so I can't wish him too well, although it is good to see him back in the game. For all the money they have, he inherits a mish-mash of a squad there and I still think we will finish above them.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It's quite a test for Ronnie, out of his geographical comfort zone, with a demanding board and talented but ill-balanced squad. If he's given time, can certainly see them making the play-offs this season.