• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Cobblers

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Northampton Town

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Cobblers
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, October 23, 2021 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, October 23, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The lad needs game time and both him and Merrie are not even making the bench and both need mins on the pitch.
My view is Mickey should at least be giving these lads a chance - particularly as we are not exactly a goal scoring machine at present !
Who would you drop?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The lad needs game time and both him and Merrie are not even making the bench and both need mins on the pitch.
My view is Mickey should at least be giving these lads a chance - particularly as we are not exactly a goal scoring machine at present !
You don't disrupt a winning formation and team selection to accommodate a player who has looked out of his depth. Players have to force their way into the side on merit. There are better (at this stage) and more experienced players than Glatzel who are not getting a game at the moment.

drwhoman

You don't disrupt a winning formation and team selection to accommodate a player who has looked out of his depth. Players have to force their way into the side on merit. There are better (at this stage) and more experienced players than Glatzel who are not getting a game at the moment.
In honesty I can only assume that Glatzel was signed for two reasons.Firstly, in case we could not get anyone else and, secondly, as. A ‘favour’ to Liverpool. MM has played with only one up front since Cook left, and, as has been said, Paul does not fit that bill.As regards Liverpool, there is always going to be that future player who will make a serious impact and you do not want to cut that possibility off.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
If we were struggling then yes the likes of glatzel, merrie, Watson etc would have a valid reason to knock on mickys door asking to play.

But you don’t change a winning formula

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes I loved MM's tongue in cheek comments - he is supposedly going all the way to Borough to watch Walker play tonight - he also supposedly watched Glatzel play last Saturday at the same time he was in the dugout at Carlisle.....
I am not sure he suggested he attended the Liverpool game. He said he 'watched it', which could simply mean viewing the replay.

ADD

Player
Norwood
I am not sure he suggested he attended the Liverpool game. He said he 'watched it', which could simply mean viewing the replay.
Yes correct I picked up on that when I watched the pre match presser.
It was more that he was "supposedly" going all the way to Borough to watch Walker last night which I thought highly unlikely given the game today but in fact he probably did go but mainly for another reason other than to watch Walker - his son - who played and scored for Burnley against Borough in a 2-0 win! Walker was apparently subbed after 79 minutes incidentally.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The line-up is as predicted, the one that finished at Harrogate. Feeney is in for the injured Hawkes and Glatzel is back on the bench. We are still strong enough to win, although Northampton are also capable of spoiling our party. I am going for 2-0, but if we fail to score, I think the Cobblers will snatch a 1-0 win.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Feeney replacing the injured Hawkes with Glatzel returning to the bench. Josh will be missed for an ability to create something from nothing and while not the fastest, he has more pace than most on the team.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Shame about Hawkes but Feeeney has been solid recently.
Feeling positive about this which is a bad sign:)
Going for 3-1.... I know 3 goals...

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Scrappy niggly game, Rovers best chances a goalmouth scramble and a Nevitt header that didn’t have enough power. The visitors haven’t taken advantage of a couple of opportunities, but the way it’s going wouldn’t be surprised if they sneak a win.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They are quite physical which I did not expect. Gotta grind this out but I think we’ll score in the second half shooting at the Kop. We’ve had chances, just need a bit more composure.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Good summary that Boz.
Feeney has been poor so far. We are missing Hawkes. Think MM wil need to make changes.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Shocking start to the second half the cobblers take the lead

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We have been poor and deserved to be behind not got going at all and created little

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Duffy for Morris strange substitution. Fear this game too physical for him to make an impact.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
This is terrible. Losing and Micky won’t bring another striker on. Game over now at 2-0