• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Boreham Wood

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I can't see GB dropping his captain Jennings, I just can't see it.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sorry I overreacted somewhat to your comments, no offence taken. We would not want this site to degenerate to the same level as the other two.
Thanks mate. I'm relieved about and appreciate that.

I agree with Mal about the kind of time-scale which is realistic for an understanding to develop between the players. We are unlikely to go back up at the first attempt, but Gary Brabin must realise that the quality of the football on offer needs to be decent enough to keep the supporters on board.

I've never been Jennings' greatest admirer, can see the attraction of deploying Maynard as the central midfielder, but didn't think that Jenno was our worst player in this game. Harris has started his Rovers career fairly well, but is he suited to the midfield enforcer role? I'm not sure. A real concern was the reluctance to build from the back, launching the ball long and by-passing midfield. Sutton being the main culprit, even when there was no opponent near him. Hopefully the manager will work to rectify this, as our best moves have come from the ball on the deck.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Never been a massive jenno fan , but acknowledge he could do a decent sitting job acroos back four. I mentioned on other threads that the only way to get Maynard central was to drop Jenno or alter the formation to accomadate him eg.
Davies
Ihiekwe, Sutton, Riley, Hill
Jenno
Mekki Harris Ridehalgh
Maynard

Margetts or Magnan

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I quite like the look of Higgy's line-up above, certainly for away matches.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Many thanks RLC. Most people always like to see balance don't they - as has been mentioned so many times "square pegs round holes" to accommadate a perceived best 11 just makes some half decent players look awkward.

I am sure it won't, but if it all starts going pear shaped for GB, I will be available for the Interim job:)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think we'll be seeing more of Blissett as GB has mentioned we need to play the ball on the floor more and get crosses into him. Sadly all this means is that instead of players taking some responsibility in the forward areas, the ball will spend most of the 90 minutes in the air looking for that 6' 5" frame.

If GB sees this playing any differently, he's in for one tough season.