• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Let’s hope Bonner doesn’t turn him into a goal machine like he did with a certain other Rovers old boy. ;)

On a side note I see Barrow and Pete Wild have mutually agreed to part company.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Let’s hope Bonner doesn’t turn him into a goal machine like he did with a certain other Rovers old boy. ;)

On a side note I see Barrow and Pete Wild have mutually agreed to part company.
Wild may bide his time at hope things don’t work out for Micky as he’s an Oldham fan and lives in the town.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Duration of contract kept quiet. I’m guessing he’s got a decent deal as not an obvious destination for Nevitt.
Yes, my thoughts exactly. Gillingham have money to spend since their US takeover.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
And we are quietly waiting till the end to what injury prone players are left hahahaha

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes, my thoughts exactly. Gillingham have money to spend since their US takeover.
Yes thought the same. Despite Crewe’s top 7 finish Gillingham weren’t too far off and he’ll be on better money now than when at Alex after the season he’s had. Good luck to him as it’s a short career and it’s not like he’s a youngster just coming through

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Yes thought the same. Despite Crewe’s top 7 finish Gillingham weren’t too far off and he’ll be on better money now than when at Alex after the season he’s had. Good luck to him as it’s a short career and it’s not like he’s a youngster just coming through
They grabbed Lloyd in similar strange circumstances and that didn't work out.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
An emotional Joe Hart retires after keeping a clean sheet and winning a Scottish Cup medal. He has had a great career which continued long after he was ditched by Pep Guardiola and Gareth Southgate. A true pro.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
An emotional Joe Hart retires after keeping a clean sheet and winning a Scottish Cup medal. He has had a great career which continued long after he was ditched by Pep Guardiola and Gareth Southgate. A true pro.
He was competent with us, though never thought he'd go on to do so well after his short loan spell at Rovers. Guardiola's treatment of him at City was strange, especially as the keeper he first brought in to replace Joe was poor. Don't blame Southgate so much for dropping as Hart went through a barren spell after leaving City, until his successful stint at Celtic.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
He was competent with us, though never thought he'd go on to do so well after his short loan spell at Rovers. Guardiola's treatment of him at City was strange, especially as the keeper he first brought in to replace Joe was poor. Don't blame Southgate so much for dropping as Hart went through a barren spell after leaving City, until his successful stint at Celtic.
Pep wanted a keeper comfortable with Ballater his feet and ended up with Ederson who's a top class keeper

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Pep wanted a keeper comfortable with Ballater his feet and ended up with Ederson who's a top class keeper

I agree, although Hart's subsequent treatment by the media was harsh.
For me, it was a shame Guardiola didn’t try to work with Hart to develop his ball at feet strategy, rather than immediately dumping him. Ederson is a quality keeper who can play that way, but the first keeper Pep brought in Bravo was decent in the footwork department but poor at the commanding his area and shot-stopping that Hart was good at.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Micky having further difficulties at Oldham after a recent fans Q and A:

MM: There's something that I wanted to tell you and it's important you take it the right way, it isn't criticism, but it's something that we've been made aware of from opposing managers that especially at home... we come here and create a team we have to give you something to be proud of. I get that. That's our responsibility and we're working towards that.

Opposing managers and coaches in their team talks and in their tactics are saying if you keep Oldham quiet for 15 minutes and give them nothing the fans will turn on them and they will go under. Every club we speak to they say that.

I watch games and I would be disappointed as well if that was my team but opposing teams are using it now for their benefit. We all want success and so do I. I'm standing watching it as well so you're not alone.

I would just ask maybe would you come with the attitude knowing that they're using it against us and it's become common knowledge that Oldham fans are so frustrated that if you keep them quiet for 15 minutes they will turn on them.

It's our responsibility that we turn this team to make sure you don't have to think about that.

We're all united and definitely want the same thing.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Some home truths for the latics fans but unfortunately that’s what comes with managing a big club at that level and the expectations the fans have

He got quite a bit of splash back for that in the week!

Regardless of how accurate his comments might be (although I suspect he’s exaggerating about what all these opposition managers have supposedly been telling him), when a manager directs comments like that to a fan base they’re potentially playing with fire. Klopp could do it, Mellon could have probably carried it off too when he was at the height of his powers here, but it’d be a brave man or a fool to do it at a club where they haven’t really earned any brownie points yet and, indeed, haven’t yet even won over many of their doubters.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
He got quite a bit of splash back for that in the week!

Regardless of how accurate his comments might be (although I suspect he’s exaggerating about what all these opposition managers have supposedly been telling him), when a manager directs comments like that to a fan base they’re potentially playing with fire. Klopp could do it, Mellon could have probably carried it off too when he was at the height of his powers here, but it’d be a brave man or a fool to do it at a club where they haven’t really earned any brownie points yet and, indeed, haven’t yet even won over many of their doubters.
Spot on. It was ill~judged. If it had to be said, someone else should have said it. Someone who the fans fully trust and respect. I think it could make things worse.

I’m just glad we don’t have a fan base like that.