• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Agreed.

The Scottish Championship is probably about his level, although given OTW's comments above perhaps that is not even guaranteed.
As a matter of interest, given that a former EFL L2 squad player has moved to a good second tier Scottish side, where do we think TRFC would fit into the Scottish league structure? Purely hypothetical, but I'm guessing low Premiership or high Championship.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
As a matter of interest, given that a former EFL L2 squad player has moved to a good second tier Scottish side, where do we think TRFC would fit into the Scottish league structure? Purely hypothetical, but I'm guessing low Premiership or high Championship.
Hard to say. We’ve had some players like Ash Taylor, Ged Brennan or even Kane Hemmings who’ve had decent spells up there. Others like Cole Stockton albeit for just one season at Hearts weren’t successful.
Probably right that’s we’d likely be a yo-yo club between the SPL and the championship.

Nat Knight-Percival signs for Southport.

Wrapping up an earlier point, Oldham have now arranged their final friendly - Warrington away. Should probably have guessed that!

We must be due to start announcing friendlies any day now. Surely. Like going cold turkey here!!

ADD

Player
Norwood
Mike Jackson has been confirmed as Burnley's Assistant Head Coach to Craig Bellamy...

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Apart from a few bright moments for us, I just don't think he was good enough. As always, time will tell.
He had some ability, but nowhere near the same level of Walker for instance. And as a young man he could have become a better athlete to help compensate as he never looked particularly fit for me.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Lewis Warrington released by Everton
No great surprise - will be interesting to see where he ends up. L1 I am guessing?

Talking of Everton, I see Rob apter's younger brother Matthew Apter has signed pofessional terms with Everton today.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
No great surprise - will be interesting to see where he ends up. L1 I am guessing?

Talking of Everton, I see Rob apter's younger brother Matthew Apter has signed pofessional terms with Everton today.
Yeah I would think that is his level

Salford have announced the signing of Cole Stockton.

Rylands have announced the signing of Jake Burton!

Saw on Twitter that SIX Rovers old boys are playing in World Cup qualifiers this week - Otis Khan (Pakistan), Lucas Akins (Grenada), Donervon Daniels (Montserrat), Josh Solomon-Davies (St Lucia), Lois Maynard and Ethan Bristow (both for St Kitts & Nevis).