• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
In terms of job security yes, although Holt has come up with some remarks on Twitter which suggests not everything rosy at Accy. However Ged going to be a number 2 to someone he’s done better than over the time both have been managing this season feels a little strange.
Yes I agree slightly odd but I suspect it all came down to the finances and security of a 3 year deal. At league two level they’ll still have the usual bills to pay.

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Yes I agree slightly odd but I suspect it all came down to the finances and security of a 3 year deal. At league two level they’ll still have the usual bills to pay.
Ged and John Doolan are very good friends and have often talked about getting a chance to work together.
Difficult to say who's done the best Boz without taking into account the time frame.
Not sure how resources we're for Ged, but I know Accy had to play some accademy players in the immediate aftermath of John Coleman's departure. A young accademy CB was put in against Cookie in the first game and got absolutely battered....albeit he will have learned.
Interestingly, as a side note, Hull played a friends brother (Tyler Morton), normally a midfielder against Cookie and I was told same thing happened.
Needs must sometimes I suppose.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
George Ray announces he’s leaving barrow after two decent years there.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Slightly surprising re Ray, seemed to rebuild his reputation there and can’t see him getting offers above L2.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
15 years! wow.

Reactions: Boz
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
After 15 years coaching at Anfield, John Achterberg announces he is leaving at the end of the season for a new challenge
He must have done a good job to last that long. His successes included their cup goalie Kelleher, so his transfer value alone would have paid his salary several times over.

Reactions: Boz
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Liam Ridehalgh released by Bradford City. Now 33 but played regularly last season. Perhaps less of interest now we have Wood but has much needed height and can cover centre-back.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Liam Ridehalgh released by Bradford City. Now 33 but played regularly last season. Perhaps less of interest now we have Wood but has much needed height and can cover centre-back.
Wonder if Micky might be tempted to take him at Oldham although Rides is getting on a bit now.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Swindon have released Rushian Hepburn-Murphy. Looks capable of doing a job for someone on the strength of his Swindon performance against Rovers.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Swindon have released Rushian Hepburn-Murphy. Looks capable of doing a job for someone on the strength of his Swindon performance against Rovers.
Hes still only 25, scored 5 goals in the season just gone in 27 games, got plenty of pace though lacking in end product at times