• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Had hoped to get to the postponed midweek game at Halifax to understand what’s gone wrong.
That Halifax v Oldham game has been rescheduled for next Thursday…but will take place at Chesterfield! Halifax apparently requested it because their own pitch has been struggling. There are no ticket sales so the only people allowed in will be those who'd already bought tickets for the original game.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Yes. Very.

A naive assumption, especially as it wasn’t a media release, it was a post-match interview. Not in the same league as the off-message post-match interview given by your namesake after Colchester, mind. Which is probably just as well!
I am not naive nor got time for your semantics.
If the interview or statement wasn't made without the board or owner knowng.
That would go against the politics of the club's situation.
The last thing any club owner would want, criticism of his tenure and his manager to criticise the players which would mean the manager had lost the dressing room.
Every football club uses NDA's.
And you just don't wash your dirty laundry in public.

The big question is why are you so critical of MM?

I am not naive nor got time for your semantics.
Yes, you frequently duck the issues, but love to hint at them.
If the interview or statement wasn't made without the board or owner knowng.
That would go against the politics of the club's situation.
The last thing any club owner would want, criticism of his tenure and his manager to criticise the players which would mean the manager had lost the dressing room.
Owners don’t micro-manage managers’ post match interviews. It’s a fact of life that managers can and do speak out of turn. As stated earlier, look at your namesake for one of the more extreme examples of that.
Every football club uses NDA's.
What’s the relevance of that to this conversation?
And you just don't wash your dirty laundry in public.
Sounded like Mellon just has!
The big question is why are you so critical of MM?
Where have I been “so critical“ of Mellon? Be specific. I think your “big question” is based on a false premise and, given what you've already dismissed as “semantics”, isn’t really surprising.

Last edited:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
That Halifax v Oldham game has been rescheduled for next Thursday…but will take place at Chesterfield! Halifax apparently requested it because their own pitch has been struggling. There are no ticket sales so the only people allowed in will be those who'd already bought tickets for the original game.
That won’t go down well. Their other games have been moved to Accrington which is nearer.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Yes, you frequently duck the issues, but love to hint at them.

Owners don’t micro-manage managers’ post match interviews. It’s a fact of life that managers can and do speak out of turn. As stated earlier, look at your namesake for one of the more extreme examples of that.

What’s the relevance of that to this conversation?

Sounded like Mellon just has!

Where have I been “so critical“ of Mellon? Be specific. I think your “big question” is based on a false premise and, given what you've already dismissed as “semantics”, isn’t really surprising.
Wow!
nothing better to do?
I'm not playing with your fishing!
pick on someone else will you.

Still can't get an answer to your critic of MM tho can i?

And also to pop your illusions a certain owner does what you call micro manage.
Unbelievable,
Go and play subbueteo.

Wow!
nothing better to do?
I'm not playing with your fishing!
pick on someone else will you.
More ducking.
Still can't get an answer to your critic of MM tho can i?
You’ve been given the straight answer.
The premise of your ”big question” is false.
To help you see that, I’ve asked you to point to whatever I’m supposed to have said that you regard as being “so critical” of Mellon, so that I can clarify even further for you. But, guess what, you’re ducking it.
And also to pop your illusions a certain owner does what you call micro manage.
Is that how you got your festering grudge against him? Did he clip your wings lol?
Seriously though, he obviously doesn’t micro-manage post match interviews but, if you reckon he does, he certainly didn’t micro-manage your namesake‘s interview post-Colchester very well!
Unbelievable,
Go and play subbueteo.
I’d prefer to debate then debunk the baseless rhetoric you keep throwing this way.

Last edited:

ADD

Player
Norwood
Interesting interview but however you cut it I doubt the players are really as bad as he has suggested and certainly as bad as their recent playing record would suggest. Also style of play rearing its head also from a quick look at their forum.
MM will 100% be given the summer to rebuild but he will surely be under pressure pretty early next season if they start poorly next season.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Apter wins LG2 young player of the season think he has been utterpoop done nothung can't score never passes can't assist usless can we keep him please blackpool

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Apter wins LG2 young player of the season think he has been utterpoop done nothung can't score never passes can't assist usless can we keep him please blackpool
that might just work!

One of Micky’s less than stellar signings, Erico Sousa, starts for Boreham Wood today in their do or die clash with Ebbsfleet. The Wood must win if they’re to escape relegation from the VNL and, if they do, Ebbsfleet may well go down instead.

It’s also Boreham Wood boss, and a legendary Rovers old boy‘s Wembley mate ;), Luke Garrard’s last match in charge today.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Mickys Oldham led at the break but now behind at home to Wealdstone.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh dear. Now 2-3 with a few mins to go. That won't go down well.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Mani scores twice for Pools. He’s been so prolific for them, can’t help wondering if we didn’t get the best out of him during his stint with us. Or is it a case of finding his level?