• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Declan Drysdale, our former youth centre-back has joined Cambridge United on loan from Coventry City, so we could see him back at PP later in the season.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Another defeat tonight for mickys Dundee united

Player
aldo
yes and something that reminds me of last season, there fans going mad with the players conceding from corners and free-kicks, will he ever sort this flaw out 7 with no wins and only 5 points off the drop zone, had 32 games in charge won 8 draws 11 lost 12 and a win percentage of 25.81%

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Mitch Duggan, Evan Gumbs and Eddie Clarke have moved to Flint Town in the Welsh League, while Jack Mackreth is now at Bala. A consequence of Warrington being unlikely to play again this season.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Eddie Clarke dear oh dear. A few years ago came on at Wembley when Rides was sent off and played well. Had his whole career ahead of him. Now look at him..

Player
aldo
a case of the grass is not always greener should have stayed some times you have to learn the hard way

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
yes and something that reminds me of last season, there fans going mad with the players conceding from corners and free-kicks, will he ever sort this flaw out 7 with no wins and only 5 points off the drop zone, had 32 games in charge won 8 draws 11 lost 12 and a win percentage of 25.81%
He is going to keep them up comfortably, which is all he could reasonably be expected to do.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Nothing against Scottish football, but really what is the point when you only have two teams in it.

scottsprem.jpg

drwhoman

The Scottish League is like so many around Europe. There is a little bit more movement in the Premier League but it really needs a huge effort from clubs outside the usual suspects to do anything spectacular. The ability to buy and pay top players is hugely important.

Player
ian goodison
when you have the crowds rangers/celtic attract its impossible for the rest to even get a sniff, the days when Aberdeen & Dundee utd broke the monopoly some years ago sadly I think wont happen again

Player
ian goodison
It shows what a massive achievement it was by those clubs (and particularly Ferguson and McLean) to break the dominance for a period.
agree also both clubs produced players who became regulars for the national team EG miller,McLeish & david neary just to name 3

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
As well as Mullin and Stockton, mentioned on the match-day thread, ex loanee Jonny Smith gets a late winner for Burton.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
always liked smith at times he never seemed to have the stamina to last 90mins though
Think that was more down to the manager than the player. I always thought he had potential and would've liked to have seen him back here in recent past.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes I was a big fan of smith. Could play either side but good cutting in from the right and had a goal in him which many wingers dont. Not sure he’d fit in our current system though

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Good interview with Antony Kay on rovers YT site. Now at Bala Town alongside ex rovers Jack Makreth and Lee Molyneux