• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
Kaiyne Woolery has become a free agent after his contract in Turkey was terminated early.
Wow - never hangs around anywhere long. 3-year contract at Motherwell, leaves after a year, and now on way home from Turkey after about 6 months. I hope we're not looking at him as he's hardly been prolific wherever he's been

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Wow - never hangs around anywhere long. 3-year contract at Motherwell, leaves after a year, and now on way home from Turkey after about 6 months. I hope we're not looking at him as he's hardly been prolific wherever he's been
I would have him here to be honest. He would offer more than most of our forward line.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Woolery is surely a red herring, great physical attributes but has no position in a football team. The key to the transfer period seems to be Cogley.
The net effect of the heavily marked Morris is that Cogley gets away down the flank and gets crosses in, which without a Mumbongo are mainly easily dealt with by defences.
Cogley is a real asset to Tranmere, elsewhere his worth may well be reduced significantly. He was not young when ditched by Birmingham who were struggling at tier 2. I'd guess Palios would have to consider something around £100k for effectively half a season.
Here is the rub Aberdeen have matches all this month , why would they pay for three months at the end of the month when before this weekend they can get significantly more for their buck. It is rumoured he is wanted for the squad, which makes a fee seem unlikely, he may well go for free in the summer if the manager survives.
Conclusion- if he is going soon it must be this week?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It’ll be interesting whether the current pressure on the Aberdeen manager impacts on the club giving him the funds to sign players or not, if there is a chance he’ll be sacked soon.

DB makes a good point

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Calum Macdonald extends his deal at Stockport for the rest of this season.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Calum Macdonald extends his deal at Stockport for the rest of this season.
He’s mostly been on the bench but started in their defeat at Grimsby. However with 8 wins from 12 the hatters are on a good run and will want to keep decent squad players

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
He’s mostly been on the bench but started in their defeat at Grimsby. However with 8 wins from 12 the hatters are on a good run and will want to keep decent squad players
I think he was a makeshift central defender in that game.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Goals for Matt Pennington in Shrewsbury Cup loss to Sunderland, CBT in Charlton’s 2-1 league win and the veteran Peter Clarke as Oldham won 1-5 at Dorking.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Paul Mullin with the 4th away at Coventry in the FA Cup, Wrexham hammering them 4 1 with Coventry now down to 10 men

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Manny Monthes Walsall continue their good form by beating challinors stockport in the FA Cup. Walsall on a great run ahead of their visit to PP next Saturday

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Manny Monthes Walsall continue their good form by beating challinors stockport in the FA Cup. Walsall on a great run ahead of their visit to PP next Saturday
Five wins in the last six. Mike Flynn demonstrating again that he is a good manager.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Five wins in the last six. Mike Flynn demonstrating again that he is a good manager.
Yes he knows what is required at this level for sure. His Newport sides were never easy to play against. Our ex loanee Danny Johnson scoring again.

I was reading a press report a few days ago about Johnson, in that his loan at Walsall ends on Jan 15 and might not get renewed. Unclear what Mansfield want to do with him and, if they do offload, whether Walsall could or would meet the asking price.

Obviously that‘s the usual posturing anyway, but it might also suggest the door could be prized open by another club who might be looking for/desperate for a goalscorer..

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I was reading a press report a few days ago about Johnson, in that his loan at Walsall ends on Jan 15 and might not get renewed. Unclear what Mansfield want to do with him and, if they do offload, whether Walsall could or would meet the asking price.

Obviously that‘s the usual posturing anyway, but it might also suggest the door could be prized open by another club who might be looking for/desperate for a goalscorer..
He’ll not be short of options at this level but given his form surely Walsall would want To keep him?