• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers (3) v Harrogate (0)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Harrogate

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers (3) v Harrogate (0)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Tuesday, August 15, 2023 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, August 15, 2023 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Maybe they are preparing for Hawkes departure? The end of the window is coming fast and buying clubs will be desperate. Like Liverpool!
That was my thought, drw. It makes the most sense. But still hope it’s not true.
Wouldn’t it be great if Liverpool paid a few million for Hawkes? They e got money to burn. ;)

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
And ive just finished work my luck the night we score goals glad for Sam if he keeps scoring he wont be around for long and Norris is scoring he started well

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good half against a pretty hopeless Harrogate and two good finishes too!

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Need to keep foot on the gas now.
Hawkes doesn't cut a happy figure during half time warm up.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Until we scored it seemed like a lot of huff and puff, with only a good long range shot from Norris, but once Luke got the opener, we seemed to relax a little and Sam Taylor got a quality second. Don’t want to let them back into it though.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Armstrong should have scored but fires over, after a very impressive 1st half not been so good so far need see the game out now

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Lewis for Dennis? Hmm.
Been clinging on a bit this half.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Ended 3 0 a much needed and deserved win especially for the first half performance, not that impressive 2nd half but overall more than happy with that.
Mom Norris

Reactions: Ian
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A comfortable and deserved victory.

We arguably played better in the second half on Saturday but I think the ease of the win reflects the quality of the attacking options we have this season. Norris was outstanding and led the line superbly, and Taylor's development is remarkable. The latter could be a fifteen to twenty goal per season striker, in addition to Norris and Dennis.

I thought everybody played well but Jennings' workrate was superb and Morris was very good. Man of the match, Luke Norris. The only negative for me is Dennis being used as a number ten. He was neat and tidy this evening, but is not a midfielder and is wasted in that position.

We were average against Barrow, but have arguably been the better team in all three subsequent games. We can surely have a good season with this group of players.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
3 goals in open play and a clean sheet. A good nights work

Reactions: Ian

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’m not sure it was a vintage display but a 3-0 win is something I’d have taken before kick off. We deserved to win but Harrogate had plenty of the ball in and around our box and on another day could have easily scored when it was 2-0. Salfords attackers on Saturday may not be as wasteful…

Like RLC I was impressed with the fitness of Jennings. Despite his illnesses he has always been one of the fitter players and he’s a good fit for a midfield position because of that, and his eye for a pass. Norris was a beast tonight. Hold up play very good and he also looked very fit. I agree about Dennis. Link up play is good but it does seem a waste not having such a natural goalscorer as far forward as he could be. That said we’ve won 3-0 so we can’t grumble too much but I would like to see him alongside Norris. That might happen of course with dawesys rotation as hawkes or CJ could play as a number ten if Taylor needed a rest and Dennis could go up front. As I say though it’s a night to be positive and with Salford losing at Grimsby, this Saturdays game is winnable (and one I’m sadly missing for a family wedding).

A fitting result for Ben Harrison and nice to see even the Harrogate players clapping.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Norris was brilliant tonight and good to see we have a player that knows where the goal is and can hold up the ball. He will be a real asset for us. Taylor has really 'burst onto the scene!' Micah style..

There were lots of good performances tonight and it was just great being back under the lights seeing some goals flowing again. It is a decent team we have and there is no reason why we cannot have a good season. Now some goals have been scored, the nerves have settled and they are starting to gel nicely as a team. Second half wasn't as good but Harrogate did give it a go, we sat back a little, soaked it up and finished the game off nicely.

My only concern and something RLC mentions above, Dennis just seems well out of position and a bit of a 'spare part'. We need to try and accomodate him in his natural position. I think we'll be missing out on quite a few goals if we dont.

I thought we'd miss Bristow but Leake has been excellent since coming into the team. Another good signing.

I'm pleased for Dawes, I think he's been a tad unlucky with the two league games so it must feel great to get a thumping 3-0 win under his belt.