• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers (1) v Saddlers (3)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Walsall

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers (1) v Saddlers (3)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, April 6, 2024 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, April 6, 2024 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ADD

Player
Norwood
Hawkes in for Morris and Beloguan alongside Davies.

Still Norris and Jennings up front which I’m far from convinced of. Surprised Nigel isn’t giving Taylor some minutes
Indeed he really doesn't seem to rate Taylor does he. Also starting Norris J again at LB is strange to me. He isn't a LB. Do we really want to sign him to play LB?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Think it’s clear Nigel doesn’t fancy Dennis. A natural goal scorer as we know but don’t think he’s the type of player Nigel wants for his system. A shame but that’s football he’s under contract but I’m sure we can move him on

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Indeed he really doesn't seem to rate Taylor does he. Also starting Norris J again at LB is strange to me. He isn't a LB. Do we really want to sign him to play LB?
Thought James Norris did ok on Monday but agree he’s not a LB. Pike or Merrie could have played there but suspect both of them are on their way out and maybe we fancy Norris for next season.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Norris is a left back who can also play in midfield.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Poor defensively down our left as Matt heads in 1-1

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
They deserve to be level after McGee has already made two good saves

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
When they scored Nigel gave Hawkes an absolute rollicking.

Jennings and Norris are both passengers so far and we’ve created little overall

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Belehouan at fault for the equaliser? Not at the game but it sounded like poor defending initially and Jean switching off.
How much of a factor is the wind?

ADD

Player
Norwood
Norris is a left back who can also play in midfield.
Except when he played for Liverpool U21s the year before he joined us he never played LB. Played LM or even left wing.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Belehouan at fault for the equaliser? Not at the game but it sounded like poor defending initially and Jean switching off.
How much of a factor is the wind?
Matt got in between Belohuan and Davies but it was Jeans side so he probably should have picked him up. The cross came in too easily

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
2-1 as a wide free kick goes all the way in. It’s been coming as their keeper is a spectator.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
The attacking set up needs changing as we’re creating absolutely nothing and if they get a third it’s game over. Nigel has got it wrong again with selection as Norris and Jennings are easily dealt with by their defence

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Unbelievable that Saunders on but for Hawkes and it’s still the same two up front. We’ve got a 20 goal a season striker on the bench in Dennis plus Sam Taylor yet Nigel is flogging CJ and Norris

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don’t understand Adkins reluctance to change things. Not a great deal he can do defensively but plenty of options up top.

Reactions: ADD