• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers (0) v Wrexham (1)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Wrexham

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers (0) v Wrexham (1)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, September 2, 2023 - 12:30 PM
Until: Saturday, September 2, 2023 - 02:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Well Mark and Nicola have recently put another £250k in which is in the form of shares.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'd be more focused on the manager, the heirarchy and the fact we sit 21st in the league than on a stadium that could be years off.. wouldnt that be nice in the NL. Let's get focus back to this season and how we can turn it around.

I'd be more focused on the manager, the heirarchy and that fact we sit 21st in the league than on a stadium that could be years off.. wouldnt that be nice in the NL. Let's get focus back to this season and how we can turn it around.
Me too.

Appointing a capable manager would solve much of the current problem. The squad itself is easily good enough to pull away from danger.

But some of our ’fans’ want to go beyond that and see the back of the Paliosi, and that momentum seems to be growing right now. In which case the discussion has to take into account the wider issues that would influence the valuation of their stake in the club, when they might sell, and/or who to. If, as bigmart says, they’ve injected a further £250k (nothing on Companies House yet), they probably ain’t going anywhere soon!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't think the introduction of the £250,000 necessarily tells us that Palios has no intention of selling. That cash is almost certainly required simply for day-to-day working capital, and it would make sense from Palios' point of view to record it as capital rather than debt (a) so as not to put off prospective buyers by adding to the club's debt and (b) to further increase his majority shareholding and hence make it even less likely that the minority shareholders could block a future sale.

Neither of which you can actually substantiate.
An opinion informed by an understanding of how these things work. The logic of which I patiently, but admittedly only very briefly, summarised in baby sized bites for you.

You've reminded me, you never did substantiate your assertion that Palios wants to move the club on to new owners in the near future, unless he intends to put it into liquidation on his death bed..

Last edited:

drwhoman

Mark has put money in to keep the club afloat and capital is the best way. And may have tax advantages for him. The new stadium is probably needed, or Prenton Park revamped, but that requires really really serious money. As a business investment Tranmere Rovers, like so many Clubs, Is not a business proposition and needs a committed supporter to own it. Being 15 minutes from two Premier League clubs does not help. Most of what I have said is obvious but needs to be reiterated every time people want the owners out. As others have said, be careful what you wish for. I would rather float around L2, as Rovers did many times in the past, rather than have a carpet bagging owner who sends the club into the dirt so he can build houses on the pitch! The glory times of around 20 years ago were an outlier in terms of Rovers history.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
As for paying £25 to go on a match day i wont pay it for what we are getting and i dont get to the match very often and when i am off family or depressing entertainment i know where i would rather spend my time and money and when you think you can watch prem football away for £30 its a joke really

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes we are shadowed by the red and blue however support is there. We got 10k against Wrexham. If you play good football, people will come watch. We were getting 6-7k in league one. Champ attendance would top 10k easily.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Someone said to me a while ago when this latest ground move was talked about, the feasibility study offered.
That the capacity was around 10k?
Can any one confirm or set me right!

If the offer is more than the owners want and pass the rules regarding ownership in the league. It will be sold!
An opportunity that the owners will not miss!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thanks. Did the notice give any indication of the reason for the issue?
Wednesday, 30th August, 2023: WRITTEN RESOLUTION OF TRANMERE ROVERS FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

In accordance with s288 of the Companies Act 2006 (the Act”) the Directors of the Board propose the following as an Ordinary Resolution of the Company to be passed by way of written resolution:

Resolution

That, in accordance with Section 551 of the Companies Act 2006, the Directors of the Company be generally and unconditionally authorised to issue shares in the Company up to a value of £250,000 at a price of £0.92 per share to Mark and Nicola Palios, provided that this authority shall, unless otherwise varied, revoked or renewed, expire on the 5th anniversary of the date this resolution was passed.

Notes:

In accordance with Section 296 of the Companies Act 2006

(1) A member signifies his agreement to a proposed written resolution when the company receives from him (or from someone acting on his behalf) an authenticated document—

(a) identifying the resolution to which it relates, and

(b) indicating his agreement to the resolution.

(2) The document must be sent to the company in hard copy form or in electronic form.

(3) A member's agreement to a written resolution, once signified, may not be revoked.

(4) A written resolution is passed when the required majority of eligible members have signified their agreement to it.

Does that assist?

The club yesterday allotted £100k worth of shares, presumably out of this authorisation, according to Companies House. No news yet about its purpose.