• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Robins v Rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think he misses the Bromley game as well but will be back for Wrexham. Jennings is also suspended for Bromley, so it will be an opportunity for Maynard and Margetts to play in their preferred positions.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
I made the relatively short trip from the Midlands to the Cotswolds with my lad and we had a thoroughly great day!

It was a very even game and the first half was a bit drab with both teams cancelling each other out as you'd expect. The second half was more open with a few gaps opening up and a few chances being created. I thought we were a bit reluctant to shoot at times and the Rovers faithful were starting to get a bit frustrated as the attacks broke down and we gave the ball away. A draw would probably have been a fair result, but fair play to the lads and the SWA for keeping going to the bitter end. A great finish from Mangan sent the travelling supporters into rapture, one of the best days I've had away with the Rovers for years.

Video of the lads getting cheered off at the end.

Last edited:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Excellent win for Rovers, given Cheltenham's good run. Clinical finish from Mangan and it doesn't sound like we were under too much pressure and coped well when their threat came.

I think he misses the Bromley game as well but will be back for Wrexham. Jennings is also suspended for Bromley, so it will be an opportunity for Maynard and Margetts to play in their preferred positions.

Don't think it's certain they will start v Bromley. Maynard the more likely, as we're short of options in midfield with Jennings' ban. It may be Brabin starts with Jackson up front, though would prefer the Mangan-Margetts pairing you suggest.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Incidentally, I thought James Rowe was their best player yesterday. I always thought he had a touch of class (Ronnie used to rave about him) but when he was with us he seemed to lack the all round game to make it as a central midfielder.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
James Rowe is one of those frustrating players because he could be really good on his day. Sadly that didn't happen often enough and he also seemed too lightweight for midfield battles.