• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Robbing Scoundrels 3-2 Rovers

DIW

Player
Goodison
Embarrassed for our players doing everything they could to secure a win to keep our team in this division?
Very much the opposite.

If you think your team would do any differently given the same situation then you are very much mistaken.

How you can justify your cheating tactics against us last season at Meadow Lane and this season without being involved in a relegation battle should be interesting...

You can't keep away can you? Why are you here? I occasionally look on other teams message boards because I am interested in what the opposing view of the game is. Never do I bother posting on them, because naturally you are going to read an opposing view.
Or are you a little troll who likes an anonymous argument?

With regard to last years match at Prenton Park. Yes I suppose if I was a NC fan I would have been pleased with any result at that point such was your desperate position. However, the behaviour of the players and their appalling play acting was as shameful as anything I have seen in watching football for 30 years, and the real disgrace was that the referee allowed them to get away with it.

YouPies

Player
Lee Hughes
You can't keep away can you? Why are you here? I occasionally look on other teams message boards because I am interested in what the opposing view of the game is. Never do I bother posting on them, because naturally you are going to read an opposing view.
Or are you a little troll who likes an anonymous argument?

With regard to last years match at Prenton Park. Yes I suppose if I was a NC fan I would have been pleased with any result at that point such was your desperate position. However, the behaviour of the players and their appalling play acting was as shameful as anything I have seen in watching football for 30 years, and the real disgrace was that the referee allowed them to get away with it.

As like you, i often read opposition fans forums to get an outside view, on this occassion i felt it was a little biased so decided to register.

If you look through my posts, i have had a little bit of banter but with most posters we have had a decent debate so i feel no need to leave, im sorry if that upsets you.

I agree the referee was a disgrace but this was for both teams, such as our goalkeeper being booked for time wasting when not even in possesion of the ball.

It's interesting how 2 sets of fans/people see things so differently, our local media team were outraged at your dirty tactics during the first half and it seems yours were equally appalled by ours in the second half.

I think if a neutral had watched the game they would have said we were both guilty of a certain amount of gamesmanship

All fouls and bookings are not equal imo.

A mistimed tackle, fair enough. We may be guilty of a lot of those, we tend to press quite hard off the ball and we don't keep it very well. Handball is pushing it, don't really like what McGurk did, in his defence it's a split-second decision...but diving, arguing with the ref, numerous players pretending to be injured for minutes on end...as a genuine planned tactic...we don't see any of this at Tranmere - and thank God. It is, however, something County (and Martin Allen teams generally) are experts at.

Of course you had more shots and possession last night, you were the home side ffs. You may well have been the better team on the night, afaik absolutely nobody is claiming that Tranmere were the better side (so chill out). But if you are so ****ing good, then try to win a few games without cheating.

(Then see if you can finish above us this year)

Scraping past an "awful" team with a 97th minute goal at home after conceding twice doesn't bode well for the rest of your season, does it fella?

I agree that side of the game isn't pretty but i think all teams are guilty of this at some point, as fans though it only generally upsets us when the opposition do it and we don't win the game, i haven't seen too many Tranmere games but i'm sure if i watched you all season the would be examples of this, as with most if not every other team, to claim that it is planned though is pushing it a little too far.

I have never claimed that we were so ****ing good, for us we are at the minute a work in progress and more importantly, better than last season. And we beat Carlisle without cheating, nearly beat Forest. To judge our entire club/season on the back of one game is a little short sighted in my oppinion but thats football fans for you.

And i beg to differ, if you can pick up points in games in scrappy games which we probably would have lost last season then we will be in a much better position come the second half of the season, hopefully.

M

Mal

Yawn. What goes around, comes around. Beat you in the playoff final. Decided to up my prediction of finishing 10th.

Player
Liam Palmer
He was actually booked before we scored our winner but lets not let facts get in the way of sore losers otherwise we might have to mention that we had more possesion, more shots on target, more shots off target, more corners, committed less fouls, recieved less cards and had no one sent off, but as you say, you were the better team and we we're the ones who cheated....

Errr, why would he be booked with the score at 2-2? Presumably C*unty weren't holding out for a point against (at that time 10 men)? According to the BBC text, your keeper was booked after the penalty. Never mind. I'm just happy I'm not you.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Errr, why would he be booked with the score at 2-2? Presumably C*unty weren't holding out for a point against (at that time 10 men)?

Haha, i was thinking that.

I agree that side of the game isn't pretty but i think all teams are guilty of this at some point, as fans though it only generally upsets us when the opposition do it and we don't win the game, i haven't seen too many Tranmere games but i'm sure if i watched you all season the would be examples of this, as with most if not every other team, to claim that it is planned though is pushing it a little too far.

The bolded bit is hilarious. Buy a match DVD of last years game at PP. Then, if you have an ounce of respect, burn your season ticket.

I have never claimed that we were so ****ing good, for us we are at the minute a work in progress and more importantly, better than last season. And we beat Carlisle without cheating, nearly beat Forest. To judge our entire club/season on the back of one game is a little short sighted in my oppinion but thats football fans for you.

And i beg to differ, if you can pick up points in games in scrappy games which we probably would have lost last season then we will be in a much better position come the second half of the season, hopefully.

You have been judged off the back off 3 games versus us (shortsighted? lol, what else do you expect to be judged on?) and Allen is being judged off the back of his entire career. As I recall, last year your club were fined for an inability to control the behavior of your players (after an FA cup game), with members of your coaching staff being given a touchline ban in addition. Bit of googling shows quite a few teams complaining about you lot timewasting. Sunderland, P'boro, Boston, Watford, Walsall...bored of looking now. Oh, 4 reds in 4 games, October 2010 wasn't a good month.

Pretending you (and Allen) don't have a reputation for this sort of thing is hilariously deluded. Notts County are a different breed.

You are posting on just about the most honest and least biased fan website you're likely to come across. Take a look around. Most of us tend to be quite self-loathing, and generally give credit where it's due - both to refs and opposition. You lot deserve none. Pretty sure we're done here.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A few thoughts having now seen the highlights.

Welsh's goal very good training ground move. Fon Williams made one excellent save and was probably unsighted for the Notts equaliser, but it looked like he could have done better for their second and seemed to be in no-man's land having failed to claim a ball he'd come for leading to the shot from which the penalty was awarded. By that time Raven had been sent off, so it may be that nobody was plugging the central defensive gap.

The foul which Devaney committed on Ravenhill didn't attract any card and it seemed a challenge where the consequences were worse than the tackle which appeared to me clumsy rather than malicious. The Raven second yellow seemed to be ball to arm after a ricochet and was incredibly harsh. It's impossible to tell exactly where the ball and McGurk make contact for the penalty, but the referee signals initially for a corner, before allowing his assistant's view that it was a handball to prevail. Weak refereeing, given he seems better placed to make the decision and such awards should only be made if you are certain.

I've no problem with fans from other clubs posting on here, so long as they've something sensible to say rather than simply being cyber-warriors. I do have misgivings about anyone whose favourite player is Lee Hughes though, both for his spineless behaviour in the matter he was imprisoned for and his on-field antics. For example, it seems he was applauding Raven being sent off. To be fair to Martin Allen, I don't recall all the sides he managed playing in the same cynical calculating way as Notts do. While it was understandable to some extent in the dire straits they were in when he took over as manager, it now seems to be embedded in their club and Mr Allen is happy with that. While the match stats suggest they probably deserved the win, even if the manner in which it was achieved was galling, I'd hope that a club with a proud tradition can come to it's senses again.

Finally, there were a number of positives for Rovers, let's hope that the sense of grievance will be a driving force in getting a result on Saturday and a win when County next visit PP.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well said Boz - the voice of sanity !!

Lets forget about it now and concentrate on a tough game on Saturday against an inform Sheff Utd with Simonsen in the sticks.

I just hope one of our strikers scores soon !

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Sounded like a really good game on the radio, although Doyle was doing my head in as usual.

Yes, I am pretty tired of listening to his inane comments too. I am all for supporter involvement, but commentators should have a basic grasp of tactics and be able to communicate the pattern of a game, not simply churn out a load of cliches.

Although he is first and foremost a blue, it was a relief when Ronnie Goodlass did the Doncaster game last week. Surely there is someone else in the local media who could do a decent job. Nick Hilton perhaps ?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yeah Doyle does my head in - is it just me or does he say "you know what I mean" about 100 times each half !!

Slightly off topic but I applied for that match commentator position at Prenton Park - and typical of Rovers - had no response whatsoever.

If I was Radio Merseyside I would consider having a different supporter each week as match summariser - obviously vetting them first incase they get any lunatics !

Player
Dave Challinor
Merseyside

Could they not get Steve Simonsen on the radio, as he is wasting his time on Radio City, listened to their 'football show' 1 hour on liverpool's good 45 mins and Everton (who i am right in thinking have not even kicked off yet).

****ing useless - get more info on tranmere from my 10year old nephew then the media. Yes we are a small club but we do have FANS and most of them around the wirral not oslo. ](*,)